Screen scratches extremely easily

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I have only had my phone for about 2 weeks and a half. I don't have a case or screen protector (I usually never do with any of my phones). But I'm not sure if its just my phone or what, but my screen seems to scratch very easily. It seems like everyday I notice new scratches. They are only visible when they are put under a light or something. But I do have a small deep one that distorts the colors a little and its really annoying. I try to make sure I never have anything in my pockets with my phone, which usually I do successfully. I treat my phone exactly like my old iPhone 4s and that thing had like no scratches at all. My galaxy nexus never scratched this much either in such a short amount of time. I don't know what is wrong but its really starting to get on my nerves. Is this happening to anyone else ?

Sent from my Moto X

jtc411

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the exact same thing. I've had mine for about 2 weeks as well and the screen has tons of hairline scratches. I didn't expect it to scratch so easily considering I had my iphone 4s for 2 years and didn't have one scratch on the screen without a case or screen protector.

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yea and this is supposedly gorilla glass... But I don't know. It really frustrates me. It remind me of seeing my sister old phone. It was like an old LG android phone. By the end of her contract you couldn't see anything cause it had so much scratches. I'm scared my phone will become like that.

Sent from my Moto X

Kamron Erani

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
No scratches here yet, but with everyone saying their phone is getting scratched, i think it's time I get myself a screen protector. It's really strange though, I thought the moto X won that durability test thingy.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
No scratches here yet, but with everyone saying their phone is getting scratched, i think it's time I get myself a screen protector. It's really strange though, I thought the moto X won that durability test thingy.

I don't have any scratches and I've dropped my phone twice. Hard on concrete. It scratched the bezel and actually dented the back but the screen doesn't have even a scratch on it.

I ended up doing what I've never done before.... Bought a case and I actually like it.

Posted via my MotoX

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont have /nor have I ever had any scratches on my phone(s) screens with or without screen protectors.I have had a screen protector on the Moto X even before I left the store .I would rather be safe then chance it.So I just have a screen protector and a TPU case on mine

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Just go ahead and put the ismooth screen protector on it. Easy to get a bubble free installation and you don't even know it's there. Cheap too.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I put a PET screen protector on mine, cheap, easy to install, and really not bad. People on amazon seem to like this one:

Amazon.com: Invisible Defender - Google Motorola Moto X Screen Protector with [3 PACK/Lifetime Replacement Warranty] The World's Best Selling Premium EXTREME CLEAR Screen Protector for Moto X 2013 Model (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon): Cell Pho

Just watch a brief tutorial on youtube and/or do it in the bathroom after running the shower for the best lint-free application.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I dont have /nor have I ever had any scratches on my phone(s) screens with or without screen protectors.I have had a screen protector on the Moto X even before I left the store .I would rather be safe then chance it.So I just have a screen protector and a TPU case on mine

What screen protector did you choose?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What screen protector did you choose?

The one on it now is the vzw clear screen protector.Its holding up ok. I cant stand their anti glare ones tho.
I normally use Spigen (Steinheil) screen protector but they werent out yet for the Moto X when I purchased it.
Thats most likely the kind I will get when I have to buy some more.
So far I am still on my first screen protector out of a 3 pack so got 2 more to go before I have to buy more.

edit
Steinheil still isnt showing any for Moto X but are for N5 ,makes me wonder if they will make for Moto X
Purchased phone Sept.11

Last edited:

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone for three days and I just noticed hair line scratches as well. I was a little perplexed because I have taken extreme care for the phone. I just purchased the nexus 5 so we will see how long I keep this phone if it keeps scratching.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone for three days and I just noticed hair line scratches as well. I was a little perplexed because I have taken extreme care for the phone. I just purchased the nexus 5 so we will see how long I keep this phone if it keeps scratching.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

If it keeps scratching? lol. If it is so far, it will continue to do so.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
If it keeps scratching? lol. If it is so far, it will continue to do so.

Lol...insanity is to keep doing something and getting the same result. But really...this is supposed to be gorilla glass, but a $9.99 screen protector from ismooth and there's no thread here

Slusho64

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I put my first one face-down on a table and spun it a little. Immediately replaced it. Other than that I haven't had any problems. Sand is much harder than other materials, and tables get it on them. That combined with the pressure from the phone pressing the screen against it caused the scratches. Otherwise, it shouldn't scratch.

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Could anyone recommend the top screen protectors? Seems like everywhere I look someone has a different favorite. I'm overwhelmed by the choices!

EricandSuebee

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I like Moshi Monde's screen protectors, they install in seconds, can be taken off and on, are bubble free and you can wash them to clean them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87