Took The Plunge

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So much for wood backs! I took the plunge a few minutes ago and went through the Moto Maker process. $50 off on Verizon was too tempting. Who knew I could be such a sell out. ;) Random question. After checking out I noticed that the website gave me the option to get the infamous $10 Google Play Credit for sharing your design, yet after clicking on it I don't actually have any sharing options. Any idea if this expired and the website just hasn't been updated?

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I have been holding out for the wood backs as well, but on Friday decided to just pull the trigger. I guess there is a 14 day return period so we'll eye of the wood comes out soon. That being said I clicked the share link and received a 10 credit. You need to sign in to your Google account before then it shows you a Facebook or Google + option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Im about to follow you guys. My only concern is that i'll end up being late on the ol mortgage when the wood backs finally show up. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That's what was weird, I was logged into my Google Account. I finally hit up customer service to see if they could help. It took about 20 minutes and a couple screen shots and links to the url's to get it squared away. I guess there was some kind of glitch because Motorola couldn't figure it out either. In the end, they apologized 14x over and decided to mail me a $25 Play Store gift card. That's awesome.

As far as wood goes, I agree more and more with a post I saw elsewhere. The hold up is probably in manufacturing/logistics because it's VERY hard to cut wood as precisely as you would need to cut it for a phone. They maybe be able to do it for a few, but large scale production is down right hard. I hope we see them one day, but it doesn't sound promising. :(

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress