Moto X - Kit Kat Update

Ductman1

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Just did the update, 2 issues, ( At T )

1. The top notification with the signal strength, etc is now white, was blue ( not major ) Did like the blue contrast though

2. GSAM battery monitor is not working with the update ?

One thing I do not like is the dialer, I like the " full screen " dialer in 4.2, I guess no way for the full screen in the settings ?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Kit Kat Update

Just did the update, 2 issues, ( At T )

1. The top notification with the signal strength, etc is now white, was blue ( not major ) Did like the blue contrast though

2. GSAM battery monitor is not working with the update ?

One thing I do not like is the dialer, I like the " full screen " dialer in 4.2, I guess no way for the full screen in the settings ?

1. Blue was getting tiring, but I have been on AOSP on at least one device for almost a year.

2. GSAM may not have fixed their app for the 4.4 version. You can email them, but I am guessing they already know about it.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Getting off if cyan is a good thing. In AMOLED screens, blue pixels burn at a faster rate. Pull out any old AMOLED phone and slap a white background up, or download a screen burn in app with a white background. You'll see the burn in.

Posted via Android Central App

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

I also noticed that you do not get the up and down arrows under the 4g signal. I preferred the blue so I knew when I had the signal but really no big deal.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I also noticed that you do not get the up and down arrows under the 4g signal. I preferred the blue so I knew when I had the signal but really no big deal.

I was actually just curious about that.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

The animations are in the toggles. They explained that putting them in the notification burned battery. Now if you want to see them you pull Down with two fingers.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

The blue didn't mean you had signal it meant you were connected to Google Services.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89