Moto X 2

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you think the specs of the Motorola X 2 will be different than the original? Will the screen be 4.7 or larger? Will they use the same dual-core processor and same 2200 mAh battery? Since the Moto X is nearly perfect just like it is, is there any reason at all to change the specs?

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Taking a shot in the dark here, but I'll go ahead and speculate the next version of the Moto X won't feature the same "nearly perfect" specs of the original model.

If history is any indication, we all know for certain that once a device is released, all the successors to said device feature identical hardware. /s

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Why are you asking when you don't care? You already trolled enough to get the other thread locked.

Posted via Android Central App

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get that thread locked. Why don't you answer the question? Will Motorola change the specs of the next Moto X and if they do why? It's a very simple question. Care to answer?

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Of course they will change the internals. I can't think of any phone that used the same internals from one model to the next. Maybe I'm wrong. As for the screen size, I can see that staying the same. It's a great size. Unless they can somehow squeeze more into the same form.

Sent from my Moto X

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Unless they can somehow squeeze more into the same form.

Sent from my Moto X

That's the trend these days. Less bezel, more screen, same size phone. The LG G2 does a good job with that. The screen is 5.2 but the phone is the size of a 5.0 SG4.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
That's the trend these days. Less bezel, more screen, same size phone. The LG G2 does a good job with that. The screen is 5.2 but the phone is the size of a 5.0 SG4.

Yes it does. G2 is a great phone. If they can squeeze more in the same form then I'm in. I like the size in the hand. I think it's a sweet spot for a lot of people. Hopefully sales will start to reflect that.

Sent from my Moto X

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The below is purely my speculation.

Screen size will probably stay the same but may increase to no more than 5". In order to keep active notifications they will still go with AMOLED.

Battery will probably increase but I would only expect around 2500-2600 mAh.

My theory on processor is Motorola could go one of two ways for the next X. They could use the 800 processor as long as they can get 2 of the cores for the always listening and active notifications, or they will tweak the X8 system and bump the processing cores from 1.7 to around 2.3 or 2.4 while also upgrading the GPU to what is in the current crop of phones. I think the second scenario is very likely as Moto has proven that the X8 system works very well for maintaining performance and battery life.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Do you think the specs of the Motorola X 2 will be different than the original? Will the screen be 4.7 or larger? Will they use the same dual-core processor and same 2200 mAh battery? Since the Moto X is nearly perfect just like it is, is there any reason at all to change the specs?

Dupe thread. There's an entire thread below about what people's guesses are. "Moto x2 expectations". Look down, it's still on this page.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they'll use the same everything in perpetuity because neener neener our phone is perfect and can never be improved.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I started on asking if anyone heard when it would release, but that's probably a ways off. In looking around about the phone (I'm considering it but still have Galaxy Nexus) I noticed that it basically has the original Google version of Android (like on their Nexus phones, and they own motorola too) so it runs fast. My wife's Vzn Note 3 is a tad bloaty IMO (is that called Touchwiz?) That way they can update faster too. And although the size of the phone is about same as iPhone the screen is bigger, less bezel. The other phone I like, the One, has a bigger bezel.