Moto X: Wallpaper randomly zooms?

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am finding that very occasionally and randomly (near as I can tell), the Moto X zooms in on the wallpaper. It will be as I left it one session, and then the next time I unlock the phone, I find the wallpaper is zoomed in significantly. The only way to reset it is to re-select the photo as my wallpaper.

Anyone else noticed this?

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wallpaper randomly zooms?

I am finding that very occasionally and randomly (near as I can tell), the Moto X zooms in on the wallpaper. It will be as I left it one session, and then the next time I unlock the phone, I find the wallpaper is zoomed in significantly. The only way to reset it is to re-select the photo as my wallpaper.

Paul
go to settings-->accessibility-->make sure to switch Magnification gesture Off

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Magnification gestures are (and always have been) off.

Note that it is the WALLPAPER, not the entire desktop that zooms. The icons and widgets are unaffected.

Paul

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Paul

I seen this posted about the wallpaper zoom in Motorola thread to .I dont think there was a fix mentioned .I will see if I can find the link to it .

sent from Moto X

hodie63

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

I am having the same issue except mine does it when my phone toggles between stock night mode on clock and my lock screen. I have been working with level 2 tech support over the past week trying to figure out why my X is doing this at night while charging. So far we have removed a few apps that they said showed unusual activities. So we will try again tonight and hopefully it is fixed. I did notice that since i changed my wallpaper to a different picture it does not resize when it toggles now. So i'm wondering if that particular wallpaper file had some issues. Does yours do it on all wallpapers or have you not tried a different one? Anyway hope this helps.

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I am using the stock launcher, and I am not rooted. Using Dalvik, if that matters.

The only wallpapers I have used have been photos shot with the Moto X camera, so they are all the same identical resolution. And yes, it has done it on more than one of them.

I'll try to keep a closer eye on it and see if I can figure out what the trigger is. So far, it doesn't seem to be anything obvious.

Paul

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I am having the same issue except mine does it when my phone toggles between stock night mode on clock and my lock screen. I have been working with level 2 tech support over the past week trying to figure out why my X is doing this at night while charging. So far we have removed a few apps that they said showed unusual activities. So we will try again tonight and hopefully it is fixed. I did notice that since i changed my wallpaper to a different picture it does not resize when it toggles now. So i'm wondering if that particular wallpaper file had some issues. Does yours do it on all wallpapers or have you not tried a different one? Anyway hope this helps.

I had mine zoom in on wallpaper whenever I turned phone off.Then when turned phone back on wallpaper would be zoomed in.I had that wallpaper saved in the galley and had to reset it to make it back correct.
The wallpaper I am using now doesnt zoom in on though when I reboot or power off/on. Its just wallpaper I found on zedge .

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Aha! One of the posts in that linked thread mentioned that rebooting triggers the zoom. I tried it and rebooting does indeed trigger the zoom. So at least I know what causes it. Now to wait for a fix......

Paul

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

I think this is a KitKat thing not just Moto X. This happens on both my 2012 and 2013 Nexus 7s as well.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Aha! One of the posts in that linked thread mentioned that rebooting triggers the zoom. I tried it and rebooting does indeed trigger the zoom. So at least I know what causes it. Now to wait for a fix......

Paul

LoL that was me in that link thread ,responding to ya :D

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I noticed mine doing the same thing a few days ago. I can't figure it out yet either. The frequency seems to be increasing. Not rooted and stock launcher.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I had mine zoom in on wallpaper whenever I turned phone off.Then when turned phone back on wallpaper would be zoomed in.I had that wallpaper saved in the galley and had to reset it to make it back correct.
The wallpaper I am using now doesnt zoom in on though when I reboot or power off/on. Its just wallpaper I found on zedge .

Hmm, interesting...for me it wasn't doing it when I was using photos from the gallery that I saved from my PC. It's doing it with some I just got from Zedge last week. Maybe also could be related to rebooting as I've been juggling the X and my iPhone quite a bit.

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Mine is doing this. I like to turn my phone off at night and does it every morning. It's really annoying. I even had a hard time getting one of my pictures to be wallpaper in the right format. I would set it the way I wanted it to look then when I'd look at my screen it would be over to the left. This was a pic I loaded from my computer. I also noticed that when I go from one page of icons to the next it scoots my wallpaper over depending on which way I swipe it. So the pain page is in the middle and if I go right so does the pic. It's weird.

Posted via Android Central App

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm having this issue as well. Zooms after reboot, but only if I use a wallpaper from my gallery. Stock wallpaper works fine. Also won't scroll non-stock wallpapers.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

The issue is that the new wallpaper cropping / setting tool in KitKat is designed for the "Google Experience launcher" on the Nexus 5. It doesn't work right with the older style launcher on every other Nexus and the Moto X. The solution is to install a third party wallpaper cropping / setting tool (QuickPic has an excellent one which even integrates seamlessly with other gallery apps), or you could install and use the "Google Experience launcher".

Abigail Wolfe

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I recently have been having the same problem with my Moto G. When I turn it off, my wallpaper is normal, and when I turn it back on, it's zoomed in significantly. I'm beginning to think it may be a problem with the operating system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez