Verizon Moto X: 4.4.2 update

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: moto x Verizon model 4.4.2

I do want it to see what's different. No OTA yet.

Posted via Android Central App

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm wondering if it's based on when purchased. I just got mine a week ago, so I'm wondering I that's why I haven't received yet...and may be "last"? :-(

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm wondering if it's based on when purchased. I just got mine a week ago, so I'm wondering I that's why I haven't received yet...and may be "last"? :-(

I got mines in December and I still don't have it.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I got mines in December and I still don't have it.

No the update isn't based on when you purchased your phone. So that doesn't mean you will be last. I wouldn't worry about btw :)

sent from my Moto X

Last edited:

wnflyer

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

The link and instructions from the post towards the top worked great for me. I'm stock, not rooted.

Randy

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

No the update isn't based on when you purchased your phone. So that doesn't mean you will be last. I wouldn't worry about btw :)

sent from my Moto X

:) Thanks David...I'm just a typical old "techie"...want the latest and greatest goodies "now"! ;-)

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

My wife is not part of the Motorola Feedback Network nor has she signed up for the soak test but, alas, she received the 4.4.2 update yesterday evening. So I think Verizon is pushing it to a select number of devices before the BIG push.

mawells787

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I just want to know what are people experiencing as far as battery life on 4.4.2? On my first night I went to bed with 90% battery woke up to 86% after 7hrs which is great compared to what I'm used to getting. Android OS was only 5% which is lowest I've ever seen. And I watched Netflix for 5hrs 40min screen time before phone died. That was the best battery and screen time I've ever had on my moto x. But the following days my battery tanked and is back to my 4.4 days android OS is through the roof and overall battery is mediocre at best.

I really thought 4.4.2 fixed all battery issues but there's still problems at least on my phone.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I just want to know what are people experiencing as far as battery life on 4.4.2? On my first night I went to bed with 90% battery woke up to 86% after 7hrs which is great compared to what I'm used to getting. Android OS was only 5% which is lowest I've ever seen. And I watched Netflix for 5hrs 40min screen time before phone died. That was the best battery and screen time I've ever had on my moto x. But the following days my battery tanked and is back to my 4.4 days android OS is through the roof and overall battery is mediocre at best.

I really thought 4.4.2 fixed all battery issues but there's still problems at least on my phone.

4.4.2 did not fix high android OS usage or bad idle drain for any other carrier, so I wouldn't expect a miracle on Verizon either.

Sent from my XT1053

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Pardon my ignorance but will this work for the Verizon Dev Ed as well?

please back away from the screen

Yep. Installed it on mine. Didn't notice any difference really except idle battery drain is much lower. Bluetooth issues are still there.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I have no Bluetooth connectivity issues with my Pebble and my H17 and S10-HD Bluetooth headsets.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

what kind of bt issues?

System sounds only seem to play over selected devices which means that if you want to use the driving mode of Moto Assist you had better have a stereo that works. I worked around it by only using bt for making calls and hooked up and auxiliary cable for media and system sounds but that's a half measure I was hoping the update would fix. It did not. I can tell you that Alpine and Kenwood stereos as well as Uvo in KIA have the problem. The Pioneer in my other car as well as three I tried in the store don't. I've heard mixed results on Ford Sync. Subaru and BMW also seen to be problematic. So the systems I've personally tried have been newer systems so who knows. I know my Note 2 never had the problem and neither does my Tab 3 8.0 on the same systems. My understanding is that Moto uses its own BT stack so....... My wife's Droid Max has the same problem so I'll buy the Moto BT stack problem.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
It looks like Verizon is pushing the update out. My backup X just got the update (my wife's X got the update a few days ago).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress