Yay NFC!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just tried Google Wallet on my ATT Moto X that I got about a week ago. Went to a store yesterday, held my phone next to the terminal and everything was paid. Seems like a great idea to me and much better for card security as long as you enable some security on your phone. ISIS wasn't even available to download but I'm happy. Yay NFC!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely! I just thought this was one of the better ones and another reason to stick my tongue out at iPhone users... :p

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
heres one more, on verizon, i can call and surf the web or send and receive emails at the same time. you can NOT do that on any iphone.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I've used Wallet several times and find easy and convenient to use..I only wish more businesses would get on board with it.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I think more businesses will get on board with it when there is an actual standard. Right now I believe the PayPal app, ISIS and Google Wallet all basically do the same thing although I could be wrong. If so, there would need to be a combined terminal that accepts all NFC payments. Otherwise it's too confusing for people to use and know where they can use it. Just my thoughts.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I think more businesses will get on board with it when there is an actual standard. Right now I believe the PayPal app, ISIS and Google Wallet all basically do the same thing although I could be wrong. If so, there would need to be a combined terminal that accepts all NFC payments. Otherwise it's too confusing for people to use and know where they can use it. Just my thoughts.

That is a good way to put it. That has been some of my experience with it, confusing to know where to use it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I always pay with my phone at McDonald's and Jamba Juice.

Posted via Android Central App

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I've never used it, but seems like enabling this is pretty risky, in case someone takes your phone, and with the reports on how easy it is to hack into a locked phone. Any thoughts about that?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got to believe NFC by itself is more secure since it's usage distance is so much more limited. Whether or not the person using it keeps their cellphone secured is another story. Personally I have my phone secured and Google Wallet secured within that. I also lock Google Wallet after I use it. I'm paranoid that way.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've got to believe NFC by itself is more secure since it's usage distance is so much more limited. Whether or not the person using it keeps their cellphone secured is another story. Personally I have my phone secured and Google Wallet secured within that. I also lock Google Wallet after I use it. I'm paranoid that way.

I must admit that Google Wallet does work better than Isis and this is the first phone that I'm using NFC based payment system unlocked style and it works great!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You mean Google Wallet does? If so, good to know and hopefully that is not as hackable as the phone itself.

Interesting here is the fact that even on the Galaxy Nexus phone Verizon, you have to root it to gain Google Wallet access... On the Moto X Google Wallet is easily install a bowl and usable at any retailer that has that payment system set up already

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've never used it, but seems like enabling this is pretty risky, in case someone takes your phone, and with the reports on how easy it is to hack into a locked phone. Any thoughts about that?

There's a PIN, separate from the device PIN. You can use Tap to Pay for 24 hours before you have to re-enter the PIN. If you lose your phone, get online quickly and disable Google Wallet.

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
All most all phones here have NFC except the iPhone, with a NFC enable phone you do not need to carry cash here, many people think this is much better.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There's a PIN, separate from the device PIN. You can use Tap to Pay for 24 hours before you have to re-enter the PIN. If you lose your phone, get online quickly and disable Google Wallet.
Or you could press "lock wallet" when you finish a transaction which will force you to re-enter the PIN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa