calbrs04

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have just started using KK launcher. Gives you the option to swipe left to get to google now just like GEL. Doesn't have all the options that Apex or Nova have.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Can't say I'm a fan of the launchers in general or I just don't know how to use them properly.....

I've tries a few including Nova but quickly uninstall them as I prefer the stock set up.....

The stock launcher on a Moto X is pretty good but if you have a Touchwiz device another launcher is the way to go IMO. It made all the difference in the world for me on my GS3.

I use Nova Prime on all my devices (there is also a free version), the gestures feature is great and it's nice to set it up for commonly used apps or settings. Also the ability to adjust icons, etc. is awesome (not necessarily unique to Nova).

If you really want to try something unique check out Themer Beta, it's nice to play around with for a while. There are some really creative themes available.

calbrs04

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I still don't understand the appeal of this feature when you can access Google Now from anywhere on your phone by swiping up from the home button.

I agree. I don't use that feature. I do have the sidebar turned on where it has some quick toggles, favorite apps.

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Stock is nice and all, but the grid is way tooooooo small. I put Nova Prime on it for that reason alone. I do like Action launcher on my Nexus 7 though.

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Apex or Nova. With the Moto X, it's really only to get rid of the persistent search bars.

Sent from some Android device or another using the AC Forums app.

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Action launcher. It is very unique compared to most others

-Eclipsed Moto X-

Same here. I've used nova, smart launcer, apex, Google now, and I can't get away from action launcher. I love having one home screen, my apps on the left swipe and quick launch on the right with a few widgets in there.

Posted via Android Central App

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Stock is nice and all, but the grid is way tooooooo small. I put Nova Prime on it for that reason alone. I do like Action launcher on my Nexus 7 though.

I could stick with stock but not being able to change the number of home screens bugs me, unless you can and I missed something

Bill Hong

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Didn't like Google Now and uninstalled it, but find Action, Nova and Smart Launcher fine depending on my mood. However, much as I hate the name, been trying the EverythingMe launcher and finding some interesting things about it.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Didn't like Google Now and uninstalled it, but find Action, Nova and Smart Launcher fine depending on my mood. However, much as I hate the name, been trying the EverythingMe launcher and finding some interesting things about it.

I tend to agree with Google launcher. I'm really not sure what the allure is besides the swipe to Google Now which can be swiped from the bottom anyway. I don't even think it's as smooth as Nova or Apex. I use Nova

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I just started using Nova yesterday, is it worth upgrading to Prime?
I paid for prime because I saw that there were numeric badge notifications but I never got it to work right for me. So now I'm back to using just the features presented in the free version.