Can you change the Voice for notifications on Moto X?

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I've messed around with the settings as best as I could. I've switched the voice options in Google Now and in the Settings areas. So when you say something like, "OK Google Now... how tall is the Eiffel Tower", it will open Google Now to get my answer and use the new voice. Great.

But if I say something like, "OK Google Now.... Call [enter name]" or "OK Google Now.... What's up?", or anything else related to notifications, it still uses the original (horrible) American English voice.

It's not the American accent that is the problem; it's the fact that EVERY friggin' word is mispronounced. It gets so aggravating listening to it. It mispronounces my name. Sometimes, it mispronounces the word "Mobile" which is inexcusable. Half of the words in text messages... forget it.

Is there any way to change it? Why doesn't it change with the rest of the voice/language settings?

Thanks for the help!

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Those voice commands are specific to Motorola, independent of Google settings.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Those voice commands are specific to Motorola, independent of Google settings.

Oh boy..... If that's the case, then it probably can't be changed. It's not a deal breaker or anything, but the mispronunciation of every word is just irritating to listen to. And it's not the most pleasant-sounding voice either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87