Verizon Moto X Lollipop 5.1: Visual Voice Mail

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone with the update get Visual Voice Mail back up and running?

I get a message that it needs to update to keep the same basic VVM or upgrade to Premium Visual Voicemail for the same price but it can't connect for either option.

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Was wondering the same thing. Never got it work on 4.4.
Wondered if the changed that with 5.1

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

kct211

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
my moto x, 1st gen, gives me the same error after upgrading to lollipop last night, spent 90 minutes on the phone with verizon so far, with no resolution. I am waiting for a call back.

kct211

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
just got a call back, there does appear to be an issue with the billing "link" that is affecting a lot of people with Moto X, visual voice mail, and lollipop.

I am expecting a call when the issue is resolved, but i don't have a good feel for how long it might take to get resolved

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Made it past the billing screen today.
It's now stuck on
"Setting up Visual Voicemail. Please wait..." In a white box in the center of the screen.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE
I needed to uninstall Google Voice.
Go into my Google Voice Mail settings online and deactivate Google Voice Mail.
On my phone in Phone Settings, change voicemail to My Carrier and change the voicemail phone number back to *86.
VZW Basic Visual Voice Mail is now working on my stock XT1060 with 5.1

kct211

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Starting this afternoon, people calling me got a message saying that my voice mail was not setup yet. I figured that was a clue that something might have changed with the visual voice mail. Selecting the visual voice mail icon this time did start the setup process and now everything works again (even my old voicemails were still there). The old messages were not converted to text, but now my new messages are being converted to text (however, not very accurately).

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Found a similar message when I moved my SIM into a Samsung S6Edge+... It appears the "OLD" Visual Voice mail FEATURE I've had on my account all this time isn't compatible with the newer phones.

When I launched the VVM app on the S6Edge+ it prompted me to change, but always failed to change. Turns go, after going into My Verizon web page, there was another feature on my account that also conflicted. It was the Caller ID feature that showed your Name/Number on other verizon users phones (even if you weren't in their addres book). After turning that off, I was able to change my Visual Voice mail to the new one that works.

NOTE: the "new" Visual Voice Mail feature isn't compatible with the 2013 X *IF* you haven't updated it to 5.1 yet.

jaymojobandit

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
After the lollipop update on my Moto x (ist gen) I could not get visual voicemail to set up ( got the visual voicemail is setting up and a green circle that just kept spinning FOREVER) . I'm with verizon and finnally I just went to my verizon account online and add the feature for "Visual Voice Mail - Premium Visual Voice Mail" for $2.99 :-$ monthly and after that instantly it was set up on my phone. I want to add thought that "basic visual voicemail" is supposed to be free :mad: and I will probably try to drop "premium" as soon as I figure out how to do this without losing visual voicemail on my phone. Since my phone just updated I think more people wil be posting info about this over coming days.

istaylor

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been fighting for 4 months trying to get Visual Voicemail working again on my 2013 Moto X. I still have KitKat 4.4 on it. Your NOTE says it isn't compatible, which no one at Verizon has ever been able to confirm. Thank you for putting my mind at ease, finally. Should either the basic VVM or the premium VVM work? Or, only basic (non-visual) voicemail where I have to dial in and use touchtone menus?
Thanks!
Ian

Found a similar message when I moved my SIM into a Samsung S6Edge+... It appears the "OLD" Visual Voice mail FEATURE I've had on my account all this time isn't compatible with the newer phones.

When I launched the VVM app on the S6Edge+ it prompted me to change, but always failed to change. Turns go, after going into My Verizon web page, there was another feature on my account that also conflicted. It was the Caller ID feature that showed your Name/Number on other verizon users phones (even if you weren't in their addres book). After turning that off, I was able to change my Visual Voice mail to the new one that works.

NOTE: the "new" Visual Voice Mail feature isn't compatible with the 2013 X *IF* you haven't updated it to 5.1 yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non