Just got my Moto X... Couple questions

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
First, my Moto X was face down in the box (so the rear of the display was facing me when I opened it). I've never seen a phone shipped like that. Is that normal?

Second, my phone was powered on in the box. Again, normal or no?

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
1. Yes normal, it's how they are packaged and shipped.
2. Don't think that's normal unless you tuned it on by accident when opening it, removing it.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Okay, new issue. When I tried to do a factory reset, it stuck on the recovery screen saying "No command." I assume that's not normal?

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Thing that scares me is that all those Moto Xs being shipped out were returns from people that just decided they didn't want them anymore. They have to do something with those... Wonder if yours was a previous return

Posted via Android Central App

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Okay, new issue. When I tried to do a factory reset, it stuck on the recovery screen saying "No command." I assume that's not normal?

Same thing happened to me: My X pure came today, I did the Lollipop update, then did a reset from within Settings. I got the "No command" and then held down the power button until it shut off. It powered back on by itself and the reset proceeded normally. I have done resets on other phones and tablets in the past, and never had this issue, but I think those were always done after booting into recovery mode. Anyway, all seems fine now.

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me: My X pure came today, I did the Lollipop update, then did a reset from within Settings. I got the "No command" and then held down the power button until it shut off. It powered back on by itself and the reset proceeded normally. I have done resets on other phones and tablets in the past, and never had this issue, but I think those were always done after booting into recovery mode. Anyway, all seems fine now.

When I did a factory reset after the 5.0 update I got the "no command" on the display during the process. I just left it alone and it eventually completed the reset and rebooted. Took 3-5 minutes if I remember correctly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
When I did a factory reset after the 5.0 update I got the "no command" on the display during the process. I just left it alone and it eventually completed the reset and rebooted. Took 3-5 minutes if I remember correctly.

Same here. Put it down and started Googling for help, afraid that I had bricked the phone. A few minutes later the phone was rebooting.

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Got mine today and it was turned on also, maybe it's because I set up the account on the phone through Motorola's website

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine was face down, turned off with the battery at 40% like any other phone. I thought 30-50% was best capacity for storage did they turn it on before it was shipped maybe?
Was the box sealed?
I can't see how this is good for the battery otherwise.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine was face down, turned off with the battery at 40% like any other phone. I thought 30-50% was best capacity for storage did they turn it on before it was shipped maybe?
Was the box sealed?
I can't see how this is good for the battery otherwise.

Mine was at 24% when it arrived. The phone box was shrinkwrapped and I basically had to destroy the shipping box to get it open.

The "ideal charge for storage" is really only an issue when you're talking months at a time. The week between when they built the phone and I received it is not going to affect it. The only possible battery issue would be that it was "running" in potentially colder than recommended temperatures (ie, on the plane). But Li-Ion batteries typically work fine at lower temperatures than recommended, so I doubt it's a problem.

Anyway, I couldn't get my Google account to take after the "No Command" factory reset. I then did a reset while checking the "erase personalized options like wallpaper, etc..." box and it succeeded without saying No Command. And now all seems to be working well.

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
yeah must be the made to order ones know they ain't gonna sit in a warehouse I suppose, mine wasn't shrink wrapped, it was sealed though with a leather care tag on it.
I bought my Nexus 4 the serial number said it was made 8 months before I got it, made to order, this isn't going to happen I guess.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I also got the no command when I tried to reset after installing the ota. Held down power and volume into the boot menu and it was fine. Haven't noticed any problems. Love the feel of this phone.