Moto X 2nd Gen Battery draining in a few hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnSeiffer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
This happened about a month ago then it abruptly fixed itself. Now it's happening again. The battery drains so fast I can barely charge it with a regular charger - have to shut it off or use a quick charger. There were no new apps installed before this started happening.
Screenshot_2015-10-18-10-58-21.jpg
Screenshot_2015-10-18-10-58-32.jpg
Screenshot_2015-10-18-10-58-49.jpg
Screenshot_2015-10-18-10-59-01.jpg

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Your cellular network signal data is showing that you didnt have a signal for around two hours (the red area as far as I know means no signal). That would have affected your battery life as your phone would have been constantly searching for a signal during that time

Posted via the Android Central App

JohnSeiffer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I was at home during that time - my house has pretty bad data signal so I have to use Wifi to get data but it's never so bad that I can't make a call. HOWEVER I've lived in this house with this phone for almost a year and the batter problem only happened a month ago for a couple days and now started again 2 days ago. So not sure why cell network would just now start to manifest as draining battery.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
That's bizarre. Something else is also keeping your phone awake for extended periods of time, although I don't know what. Pocket, maybe? Try downloading an app like GSam Battery Monitor and see if it can help you pinpoint what's going on. If you can't locate whatever rogue app or process is burning your battery, it's probably time for a factory reset to see if that clears things up.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Same issue. I just started having horrendous battery life to the point where my phone is alive from 7 AM - 1 PM before I have to throw it on a charger as it's almost dead. I have a good signal where I work and at home so I know that isn't the issue.

My usage is:

Android OS: 13 %
Spotify: 10%
Google Play Services: 6 %
Facebook: 6%
Cell Standby: 5%
Android System: 4%
Calendar 3%
Screen: 3%
Mini Golf: 2%
Reddit is fun: 2%
Messenger 2%

I have been listening to Spotify the last hour other than that my phone has been on my work desk untouched.

Hannah565

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Mine just recently started to drain faster, also. I went through and deleted most of my apps. And, nothing changed. This just started happening a week ago. I will take it off the charger at 6:00a.m. and it will dead by like 10:00 am even if I don't touch it, it will still die. And, sometimes it will be at 40% or so and it will just die right then and there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine just recently started to drain faster, also. I went through and deleted most of my apps. And, nothing changed. This just started happening a week ago. I will take it off the charger at 6:00a.m. and it will dead by like 10:00 am even if I don't touch it, it will still die. And, sometimes it will be at 40% or so and it will just die right then and there.

See response in your other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...ng-so-fast-my-moto-x-2nd-gen.html#post5301914

Status
Not open for further replies.