Moto X (2015) Rumored Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Agreed.... I love my Nexus 6.. I don't think the size is that big a deal but just a hair smaller would make it dang near perfect...

5.7 inch, slightly bigger battery than the Nexus 6, Qi Charging with stock android and I'd be sold...

Ya exactly. Like a 3900amh battery would be perfect to be a bit bigger and offer more juice considering its a hair smaller than the nexus 6. Honestly, I love my nexus 6 but I honestly miss my moto software. The software in my opinion isn't given enough credit for how useful they are to compliment the stock Android experience.

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I've decided that my minimum requirements for my next phone are fingerprint scanner, USB-C, faster Android upgrades (than Samsung), and a big battery.

If Moto can't deliver, I'll wait for the next generation.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've decided that my minimum requirements for my next phone are fingerprint scanner, USB-C, faster Android upgrades (than Samsung), and a big battery.

If Moto can't deliver, I'll wait for the next generation.

My guess is that it'll be 2017 or later before you buy a new phone unless you change your requirements.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ya exactly. Like a 3900amh battery would be perfect to be a bit bigger and offer more juice considering its a hair smaller than the nexus 6. Honestly, I love my nexus 6 but I honestly miss my moto software. The software in my opinion isn't given enough credit for how useful they are to compliment the stock Android experience.

I picked up a second generation Moto X for my daughter.... The only reason I never got one was because of the Qi wireless charging.. I've invested in several Qi chargers for home and the office when I had my Nexus 5 and 7 (now 6) that I really was bummed they left that out... But now that I've had the Moto X for about a week I am very impressed with how Motorola uses stock android with very minimal additional things to greatly improve the overall experience plus the additional sensors they use......

I also didn't think it was too small...

I don't know if I would go down to a 5.2 inch device now... 5.5 would probably be my minimum size... 5.7 with as you said 3,900 battery would probably be perfect... I'd even be perfectly okay with a really nice top of the line 1080p screen... Before I got the Nexus 6 I compared the Note 3 and 4 side by side and the difference between 1080p and qHD was almost impossible to tell by the naked eye.... I'd take the improved battery life of a top end 1080p screen vs the minimal improvement in resolution on the qHD..... But that is just me.... and at the same time my Nexus 6 easily last me all day long without any issues.... I couldn't go 5 - 6 hours with my Nexus 5.... My overall usage is much higher with the 6 and that is mostly because the battery is pretty solid.....

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping a sub 5" device happens. :)

Man good luck..... Doesn't seem that anyone makes a high end device under 5 inches (Well unless you want an iPhone) I remember getting the original HTC EVO at 4.3 inches and thinking "There is no way I could go any bigger than this." and each phone since got a little bigger, a little bigger and now I am perfectly comfortable with my Nexus 6.....

I think there would be a market for something in the 4.7 inch size...... I don't think Google/Nexus will go there.....

methodtoll

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I think I may wait for this phone... Especially if it will be at the same price point as last year's model which was $99 on a two-year contract.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Probably since the X hardware has been more or less final since the beginning of the year.

So if that's the case, you think that One Plus just decided on USB C right when Google announced it as a standard for Android starting with Android M? And do you think that One Plus design still may not be final?

Posted via the Android Central App

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
So if that's the case, you think that One Plus just decided on USB C right when Google announced it as a standard for Android starting with Android M? And do you think that One Plus design still may not be final?

Being a shop that is much much smaller than Moto, I would assume they have more flexibility and can more easily change things in the development phase.

Put it this way, work on the 2016 X has already begun.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Being a shop that is much much smaller than Moto, I would assume they have more flexibility and can more easily change things in the development phase.

Put it this way, work on the 2016 X has already begun.

I know. It's just nice to be able to be future proof, that's all.

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping a sub 5" device happens. :)

~5", ~$350, unlocked. I really liked the size of my Nexus 5. I passed on the Nexus 6 due to the size (If it were smaller I'd have passed anyway due to the price). The size of my MotoX 2014 is manageable, but I still prefer the size of the Nexus 5.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Get those SD cards ready for Sept. Wait, am I in the right forum? 😊

I'm not trying to discredit your predictions, simply wondering what your connection to Moto is that so many others take your word as gospel?

I've agreed with most of what you've suggested will be on the new Moto X, but only from "feel" after reading all the articles/rumors. Would love for it to have the SD option.

Just curious, thx!

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

it'll be interesting to see if the Note 5 uses USB-C. I'll be disappointed, as it's a feature I really want since I hope my next device will last 24-36 months, but not a deal breaker.

an improved camera, even slightly below S6/G4 quality, and a larger battery are my top priorities. they come with anything less than 3200mAh I'll probably just grab the Nexus or Note. kevlar, front facing speakers, and that rumored 3280 battery on a 5.2" display would probably win me over.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not trying to discredit your predictions, simply wondering what your connection to Moto is that so many others take your word as gospel?

I've agreed with most of what you've suggested will be on the new Moto X, but only from "feel" after reading all the articles/rumors. Would love for it to have the SD option.

Just curious, thx!

If I remember correctly, he has a friend who works for Moto.
His track record on upcoming Moto devices has been amazing. Usually, if he says it, he's seen it.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo