Moto X (2015) Rumored Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Does the flash charger use USB type C? I know that there has been talking USB type C speeding up charging times.

Posted via the Android Central App

good question. i always thought USB-C would make quick charge 2.0 obsolete.

does anyone know if USB-C, even without the flash charge mentioned, is quicker than QC 2.0?

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have to find the link but I read that 5.7 is going to be a Verizon exclusive (rolls eyes) and 5.2 will be for everyone else. Any truth to that?

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have to find the link but I read that 5.7 is going to be a Verizon exclusive (rolls eyes) and 5.2 will be for everyone else. Any truth to that?

Pretty sure I've seen an AT&T 5.7" one so far. I also haven't seen any smaller versions. I doubt they will go exclusive with the X since the X is their cross-carrier device, whereas Verizon usually has all the droid phones.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
At least it isn't wrapped in Saran wrap this time.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Last edited:

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
If it's 5.7 inches...it wont be my moto x 2013 replacement then. It's just too big. Hell, I worry about 5.2 because my kid's 2014 Moto G seems big to me.

scuz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
The 5.7" is supposedly a Verizon exclusive. The Moto X is probably 5.2"
S6, G4 on hold. Argh. The tech world moves so fast :mad:

scuz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
It's not.

What is not? 5.7 not a verizon exclusive or the new X not being 5.2"? or both?
I have no inside info. I just read about that on phonearena
UPDATE: We have some new information to share related to this leak Apparently, there will be two versions of the third-generation Moto X. One variant with a 5.7-inch QHD screen will be a Verizon exclusive. The other model will feature a 5.2-inch QHD panel.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
What is not? 5.7 not a verizon exclusive or the new X not being 5.2"? or both?
I have no inside info. I just read about that on phonearena

I think Phone arena are the only ones running with that rumor. I believe what happasaiyan is saying.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
It's interesting that there are two Nexus phones rumored with the same exact screensizes as the new Moto X variants

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting that there are two Nexus phones rumored with the same exact screensizes as the new Moto X variants

It more seems coincidence to me; 5.2 and 5.7 seem like pretty standard screen sizes for regular and phablet phones.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Happasaiyan, will either of them have fingerprint scanners?

Unfortunately, I have not seen/heard anything about one. I would LOVE to have one, though, especially with the new features of Android M.

Purely coincidence. Moto had the next Nexus in the bag, but decided not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.