"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I got my phone today. Unfortunately sprint sent me the wrong Sim card when I asked for one 2 weeks ago. So I have to wait until they send the correct one to activate.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if these delays would be happening if they kept MotoMaker in the USA??? Lenovo has assembly plants in the US.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if these delays would be happening if they kept MotoMaker in the USA??? Lenovo has assembly plants in the US.

The old moto maker assembly plant used to be within an hour or so from me.

Maybe I could have driven over and built the phone myself...

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure that you would have done it for less than their labor costs too!

Very true, and save them the shipping.

Sadly I'm left to do the next best thing, I'm off to best buy to drool on the phones there over the lunch hour. Maybe when I get back I'll have something in FedEx.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Well, I got my phone today. Unfortunately sprint sent me the wrong Sim card when I asked for one 2 weeks ago. So I have to wait until they send the correct one to activate.

you can just cut it down to size if they send you a microsim instead of a nano. it's really easy to do and if you do somehow mess it up, you can just get another sim card anyways!

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site
you can just cut it down to size if they send you a microsim instead of a nano. it's really easy to do and if you do somehow mess it up, you can just get another sim card anyways!

They sent me a nano Sim, but when I try to activate it says incorrect Sim. Also, I'm worried about cutting my current one down to size if it doesn't work, then what do I do? Not have a phone until the new one they are sending comes in?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
They sent me a nano Sim, but when I try to activate it says incorrect Sim. Also, I'm worried about cutting my current one down to size if it doesn't work, then what do I do? Not have a phone until the new one they are sending comes in?

that's pretty bizarre. maybe they need to add your imei into their DB for it to activate, kind of like VZW. i'm guessing they have a similar system since they're both CDMA.

it's next to impossible to mess up the cutting. just download a template, print it out and a couple of snips with a scissor later, you'll be using your new phone!

i'm guessing there's no sprint store nearby you could take it to?

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site
that's pretty bizarre. maybe they need to add your imei into their DB for it to activate, kind of like VZW. i'm guessing they have a similar system since they're both CDMA.

it's next to impossible to mess up the cutting. just download a template, print it out and a couple of snips with a scissor later, you'll be using your new phone!

i'm guessing there's no sprint store nearby you could take it to?

The IMEI is actually there, it is just the Sim that doesn't work. And yeah there is a sprint store right down the road and they don't have the correct model that works with it.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Just contacted moto support and was told that my order is delayed (No $### Sherlock) and that I can expect it to ship 9/21 or 9/23 now.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
The IMEI is actually there, it is just the Sim that doesn't work. And yeah there is a sprint store right down the road and they don't have the correct model that works with it.

i didn't even know there were models of sim cards outside of the size. that sucks man, pretty crappy to have a new toy in your hands and not be able to really use it

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I placed my order on 9/13 around 11pm EST with estimated ship date of 9/21 (black front/black back and red accent for me, white front, white back and dark gray accent for my wife). Got an email from my bank wanting me to call to confirm purchase. Called them right away even though I should of been sleeping and got the purchase approved. I checked FedEx Delivery Manager and I see that a shipping label was created and estimated delivery is 9/21.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa