02-15-2017 07:05 PM
489 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I picked up this one from Amazon for now. I like the red and it seems to be a good protective case, but it does make it even more substantial than it already is. And the kickstand puts the volume button down which is a big oversight if you wanted that feature.

It'll allow me to survive a 3 day oktoberfest this weekend without a broken phone, so there's that.

I can't post links yet since I don't have 10 posts, but the title on Amazon is:

MoKo Motorola Moto X Style (Pure Edition) 2015 Phone Case - Full Body Rugged Holster Smartphone Cover with Swivel Belt Clip - Lifetime Warranty - RED (Not for Moto X Previous Generations)
    Attached Thumbnails What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-moko-motoxstyle-case.jpg  
    09-16-2015 02:28 PM
    Strange that the bumper case someone reported that has a Pure stated it covered the buttons, but another I saw in pictures that came with the Pure does not have the buttons covered. Two versions perhaps? I prefer the buttons uncovered and would use the bumper case if not covered and default favorite case.
    09-16-2015 03:25 PM
    Strange that the bumper case someone reported that has a Pure stated it covered the buttons, but another I saw in pictures that came with the Pure does not have the buttons covered. Two versions perhaps? I prefer the buttons uncovered and would use the bumper case if not covered and default favorite case.
    The bumper case with mine cut out around the buttons, but made them difficult to locate and press not looking at them, imho.
    09-16-2015 03:45 PM
    My hard clear case that came with the phone does not cover the buttons.
    09-16-2015 03:45 PM
    No the clear bumper case that ships with the phone does not cover the button but the way it's cut makes it difficult to operate the buttons IMO.
    09-16-2015 06:58 PM
    I don't have mine until Thursday, but here is the label and what it looks like:
    Well the back cut out looks a little fat and there's a home button on the mock phone (lol) but I hope it fits well for you! Looks like a solid case if it does.
    09-16-2015 06:59 PM
    Which cases/bumper cases have cutouts for the Power and Volume buttons?
    09-17-2015 12:44 AM
    The Note 5 is very very similar in size. If anyone has access to the Seidio DILEX or Surface holster can try it.
    Very similar when naked? If so, I'm willing to give it a shot.
    09-17-2015 08:42 AM
    Very similar when naked? If so, I'm willing to give it a shot.
    Yes, actually someone from the XDA forums is using a naked MXPE in a naked Note 4 Seidio holster

Seidio Case/Holster - Post #16 - XDA Forums

I've been trying to read online to see if cases like Spigen, SUPCASE, Incipio and others a like will fit in Seidio Surface/Dilex holsters and from the very limited info, it seems like it does.
    kjmitch likes this.
    09-17-2015 09:14 AM
    I just got my phone, a week early. But now I can't find a good case that is in stock! Amazon has a lot of cases that will not be in stock until the end of the month! I have to use the bumper case that came with the phone.
    09-17-2015 12:22 PM
    I just got my phone, a week early. But now I can't find a good case that is in stock! Amazon has a lot of cases that will not be in stock until the end of the month! I have to use the bumper case that came with the phone.
    Exactly! I ended up ordering the white Supcase Bettle pro extreme, to the max case. I won't get it till October, so I'll have to be very careful till then.
    09-17-2015 02:29 PM
    Does any know where I can find a clear back skin (wet application)? I want to preserve the bamboo back without putting on a case.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-17-2015 03:57 PM
    My hard clear case that came with the phone does not cover the buttons.
    There is a strip of clear tape around the edge of the bumper case that comes with the phone. Find the red tab on the corner and pull it off. The cutouts for the buttons and charging port will then be open. I think some are not removing the tape........like me for about 10 minutes.
    09-17-2015 04:05 PM
    Just a follow up on this case by DuroCase...

Someone had asked how it felt and if it was slick. At the time I hadn't received my Moto yet and it didn't feel bad, but now after a couple days with this case on I have to say I really like it.

I didn't think I'd be crazy for the 2 piece design but it fits extremely well and it's hard to see the seams. It feels rubberized around the edges with a nice grip to it as well. I may just pick up a couple more of the different designs.
    09-17-2015 06:01 PM
    I just ordered this is myself. Looks pretty sweet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011EPATXM...cUvbUpU4691263
    I like the idea of the clear.. Can't tell, does it cover the side buttons?

Sent from my XT1575 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    09-17-2015 08:18 PM

Yes, it looks like the buttons are covered.
    Laineyc likes this.
    09-17-2015 10:03 PM

I have one of these on order. I've used Cimo back covers on both my 2013 Moto X and my 2014 Moto X and the buttons are still easy to use with it, even though they're covered.

Laineyc likes this.
    09-17-2015 11:09 PM

Zooming in on the photos it looks like it covers the buttons.
    09-18-2015 09:47 AM
    I'd really like a bumper exactly like the black one they sold with the X last year. No back, very minimal, kept stuff from peeling up the screen protector. Does anyone have anything like that? The included bumper is ok but it's a bit loose fitting and too shiny.
    09-18-2015 12:30 PM
    I have one of these on order. I've used Cimo back covers on both my 2013 Moto X and my 2014 Moto X and the buttons are still easy to use with it, even though they're covered.

+1
    09-18-2015 01:39 PM
    i just found this website not sure but looks cool

Custom Motorola Moto X Style Case | Custom Cases
    09-18-2015 01:46 PM
    Still searching for a sleeve type case - something to simply store the Pure in when it gets tossed into a bag or briefcase. Planning on going naked for a while.

Looks like the Note 4 seems to be nearly identical in size. Some minor increase in depth on the pure but slightly slimmer so seems to me that a Note 4 sleeve should work ok. There seem to be plenty of Note 4 sleeves available on Amazon.

Any one going from a Note 4 to the Pure that can comment on whether this will work?
    09-18-2015 03:58 PM
    What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-image.jpgWhat are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-image.jpg

This is the case I just got in the mail from Incipio off their website. Frosted back and black trim. There are a ton of different combinations too. Just waiting on my phone to see how it works.
    droidman2177 and X-BASS like this.
    09-18-2015 05:55 PM
    Case mate has a couple of what look to be some potentially really nice bumpers marked as coming soon that I'm keeping my eye on....

(Sorry, can't post links yet)
    09-19-2015 01:35 AM
    Case mate has a couple of what look to be some potentially really nice bumpers marked as coming soon that I'm keeping my eye on....

(Sorry, can't post links yet)
    That is exactly what I am looking for. So glad you found them. Hopefully they come out soon. Thanks.
    09-19-2015 02:08 AM
489 ... 34567 ...