What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried a full case, but did not like the heat build up with certain apps or when using the Pure while charging. This device IMO needs some air space. Then again, it you do not use apps that make the device hot, no harm no foul.

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried a full case, but did not like the heat build up with certain apps or when using the Pure while charging. This device IMO needs some air space. Then again, it you do not use apps that make the device hot, no harm no foul.

As you can see by the color it's my wife's phone and she is basically just a casual user so hopefully there won't be too much heat build up. I think I'm going to try the Casemate bumper whenever I get around to ordering mine.

Last edited:

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Happy enough with the casemate bumper. Just got it today. It's an improvement over the included one. I agree for me, that a full case might be a heat issue plus I'm right on the edge of one handed use with the bumper.

anon(7877573)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I can't post any pictures or link (somebody want to post them for me?) But I just got a case (made by Vena) from ebay search " Shockproof Clear Back Bumper Case Cover Skin Motorola Moto X Pure Edition/Style" the fitment is awesome and is not bulky at all.

There wasn't any review and I took a chance on ebay. Anyway, awesome case, I like it!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Hendry775

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, just joined this forum. I ordered the Moto X Pure Edition on Oct 13, hoping it arrives by the estimated date of 27 Oct. I am still confused whether I should buy a case and a screen protector for this. I dont want the case to cover the back of the phone as that makes my customizations useless. Is the case included in the box any good?

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't care for the included bumper. The casemate bumper is better overall. As for the screen a tempered glass screen protector would be ideal, but the screen has a slight curve so most people have been having trouble with them fitting properly.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone using a screen protector with their case? Anyone with the casemate bumper or any of the other clear cases having an issue where the case is pushing the screen protector?

Posted via the Android Central App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't care for the included bumper. The casemate bumper is better overall. As for the screen a tempered glass screen protector would be ideal, but the screen has a slight curve so most people have been having trouble with them fitting properly.

I wish Case Mate made a clear bumper in addition to the colors. I want to see the gold trim that I have on my Moto Maker Moto X. I also wish they would make it available on their website so I won't have to get it from Motorola's site. Case Mate has it $8 cheaper than Motorola.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I wish Case Mate made a clear bumper in addition to the colors. I want to see the gold trim that I have on my Moto Maker Moto X. I also wish they would make it available on their website so I won't have to get it from Motorola's site. Case Mate has it $8 cheaper than Motorola.

They probably can not make a clear one (that is cost effective) since would not be very stable due to the length. This is probably why they only make a clear one that is a full case. That is why the bumper in the Moto box is what it is. A thin hard brittle rim with little protection other than keeping the camera and display off a surface.

Last edited:

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The probably can not make a clear one (that is cost effective) since would not be very stable due to the length. This is probably why they only make a clear one that is a full case. That is why the bumper in the Moto box is what it is. A thin hard brittle rim with little protection other than keeping the camera and display of a surface.

You're probably right.

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Can someone kindly comment on using the tempered glass screen protector with a case ? How is the fit of the protector when inside a case ?
Is it better to use a flexible, plastic cover instead ? .. thnx in advance

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Is the Casemate bumper available in Europe? Anyone seen it?
I don't believe a full case would be good, but I need at least a bumper with some lip.