What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
when you lay it on its back will the bumper completely lift the curved back off of the table surface?

The lips on the top and bottom of the bumper on the back side are raised specifically to keep the back from touching a flat surface. The arrows show the highest points... it's just hard to see from this photo angle.

mxpe2.png

sp3ak

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I just got my CaseMate bumper case and thought I would chime in. Perhaps it's just differences in the mold of the cases but mine does not raise it enough to keep the back of the phone off a flat surface. The top lip touches the flat surface and the bottom lip is just slightly off the surface. I can see about 3/4 of the way down the phone touching the flat surface. Laying it face down is fine. Today will be day number one for me with this case, will see how it does.

I've been using this case "Motorola Moto X Pure Edition (2015) - Black Flexible TPU Slim Fit Gel Skin Cover Case + Atom LED" (sorry, can't post links yet as a new users, search Amazon for it). I ordered it before I got my phone and I was actually quite pleased with it. For a very cheap case it fit perfectly and after a couple weeks of use still looks brand new. For the price I thought it would really be quite poor in quality and fit. I'm definitely going to keep it around as a back up. The back of the case was a smoother and the edges were a slightly grippy texture.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Starting to wonder what's going on with my order for this case. Supposed to ship on 10/4 according to another poster. I emailed them 2 days ago and asked for a shipping date, got a reply saying they would have to get back with me.

Just got an update about the bugdroid case. Here it is.
Hello,
I apologize for the delay in responding. The Bugdroid Circuit Case for the Motorola Moto X Pure is on back order. The cases will be arriving in our warehouse on October 20th. You should receive your cases by the 24th at the latest. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you while you wait for your cases. Thank you for your patience with this matter.
Sincerely,

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Case Mate now has the Hula bumper case in stock, so a straight $20 instead of paying shipping and tax as well with Motorola (about $8 more).

I just ordered the charcoal one. Was actually $17 since 15% off discount for first time orders. $11 less than Moto.

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got my CaseMate bumper case and thought I would chime in. Perhaps it's just differences in the mold of the cases but mine does not raise it enough to keep the back of the phone off a flat surface. The top lip touches the flat surface and the bottom lip is just slightly off the surface. I can see about 3/4 of the way down the phone touching the flat surface. Laying it face down is fine. Today will be day number one for me with this case, will see how it does.

I've been using this case "Motorola Moto X Pure Edition (2015) - Black Flexible TPU Slim Fit Gel Skin Cover Case + Atom LED" (sorry, can't post links yet as a new users, search Amazon for it). I ordered it before I got my phone and I was actually quite pleased with it. For a very cheap case it fit perfectly and after a couple weeks of use still looks brand new. For the price I thought it would really be quite poor in quality and fit. I'm definitely going to keep it around as a back up. The back of the case was a smoother and the edges were a slightly grippy texture.

I would have went with a full case, but find the device gets too hot (this device needs room to breath IMO). Would LOVE a stock throttle option for the GPU, since that is all this puppy needs to be a faithful pet instead of a sometimes wild critter.

sp3ak

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
That's a great deal on the Casemate. I wish I had waited another week!

I'm actually pleased with the case (bumper) so far. I'm just in the habit of laying my phone face down since the back doesn't keep the entire phone up off of the surface. I'm curious to see if others have the same issue or if I got an oddball unit.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm actually pleased with the case (bumper) so far. I'm just in the habit of laying my phone face down since the back doesn't keep the entire phone up off of the surface. I'm curious to see if others have the same issue or if I got an oddball unit.

Based on the rim of the case and the curve of the device, the rim would have to be almost three times as tall at the bottom for the device not to touch the surface. Since the rim appears the same size all the way around, it will touch. Key for me is for the camera area to be clear and this case does that.

LaxRef93

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

I wish I had waited a little bit. When I ordered mine from Motorola, the ones on Case Mate's website still showed backorder.

Mine just came today. So glad to get rid of the awful clear plastic bumper that came with my phone.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition via Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Looking for a TPU bumper in a brown or beige color that goes nicely with the brown shades of leather or wood. :/

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered this one. Won't have it for a while but for that price and the car charger can't really beat it.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4747412

Posted via the Android Central App

Just finally received this today. Terrible shipping, came 6 days late. Also the frost significant enough that you basically can't tell there's any color to the back of the phone. Not sure why but expected it to be a little less, frosty I guess. I can post pics if anyone is interested in the case. Fits nice and feels nice but definitely worried about when the phone heats up with the closed back. It came with a turbo car charger so for 12 bucks I won't bother returning it.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Case Mate now has the Hula bumper case in stock, so a straight $20 instead of paying shipping and tax as well with Motorola (about $8 more).

I just ordered the charcoal one. Was actually $17 since 15% off discount for first time orders. $11 less than Moto.

Am I the only one that has casemate's website showing all their moto X pure products as "coming soon"?

sp3ak

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Just finally received this today. Terrible shipping, came 6 days late. Also the frost significant enough that you basically can't tell there's any color to the back of the phone. Not sure why but expected it to be a little less, frosty I guess. I can post pics if anyone is interested in the case. Fits nice and feels nice but definitely worried about when the phone heats up with the closed back. It came with a turbo car charger so for 12 bucks I won't bother returning it.

I got the same case in black. It was available before my phone even shipped and I wanted some protection from day one. For the price, its a great case. I was surprised at the quality and how well it fit. I'm certainly going to keep it as a backup/alternate case.

After a week of using the CaseMate though I'm still rather pleased with it.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the same case in black. It was available before my phone even shipped and I wanted some protection from day one. For the price, its a great case. I was surprised at the quality and how well it fit. I'm certainly going to keep it as a backup/alternate case.

After a week of using the CaseMate though I'm still rather pleased with it.

Definitely a good case for the money and a great fit. Would be nice if the power button cover had some texture but that's not picking. Have you used the included car charger yet?

sp3ak

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Definitely a good case for the money and a great fit. Would be nice if the power button cover had some texture but that's not picking. Have you used the included car charger yet?

I actually opted for the one without the car charger only because I had just bought a couple recently. They aren't quick charge rated though :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred