Accessories: Turbo Charger, Quick Charge, Home/External/Car chargers for Moto X

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
is there a good app to time battery charging time to give us decent real data?
i plug mine in and grab it, i am not so curious as to sit and watch it.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I use GSam Battery Monitor ... while charging, it will show a 'predicted' time to full charge. It also shows time left on this charge, time since last full charge and also shows temperature of the device.

There are also graphs and data for Battery use by App, CPU % by App but, since 5.1.1 (or earlier?) it can no longer give details on wakelocks ... I miss that!

bigmac429

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
External Battery Pack

I'm looking for an external battery pack to turbo charge my MXPE. What has everyone else been using thus far with success?

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can it be possible? A Tronsmart 18W charges a Moto X Pure faster than Motorola TurboCharger 25

Tronsmart's testing says their 18W charger is 13 minutes slower than Motorola's TurboPower 25.

Moto X Style Charging Analysis | Tronsmart

I found out why the Tronsmart charger was a little faster. The Motorola TurboPower 25 cable needs to be wiggle a little bit so it can charge faster.
In theory a 25w charger should be noticeable faster than 18w. Anyways, at the beginning the Motorola TurboPower 25 start charging faster but when you compared charging the phone starting from less than 12% to a full charge then there isn't that much difference. I found it to be around 8 minutes.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: 3rd party turbo charging

It should work with the MXPE and provide a quick charge. However, I would expect it to be a bit slower than the 25 watt charger that was included with your phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

n8prkr

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can it be possible? A Tronsmart 18W charges a Moto X Pure faster than Motorola TurboCharger 25

Tronsmart Titan 10A/90W 5 Ports Quick Charge 2.0 5 Quick Charge 2.0 ports $24.99 with code 5PORTUSB (and purchased from GeekBuying)

Tronsmart 18W Turbo Wall Charger Fast Charger with Qualcomm Certified Quick Charge 2.0 Technology 1 Quick Charge 2.0 port $5.99 with code WALLCHAR (and purchased from GeekBuying)

Just ordered the 18w, $5.99 after entering the code. Thanks Ry!

Posted via the Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: External Battery Pack

I noticed it says that it is incompatible with the Moto X Style/Pure in the details.

So it definitely doesn't shut off without charging after several seconds?

I bought the Tenergy 10400 battery (which appears to be identical to the Aukey 10400.) It shuts off about as soon as the "Turbocharger Connected" message pops up. I'm returning that and hoping there's a quick charge battery that will actually work.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I noticed it says that it is incompatible with the Moto X Style/Pure in the details.

I bought the Tenergy 10400 battery (which appears to be identical to the Aukey 10400.) It shuts off about as soon as the "Turbocharger Connected" message pops up. I'm returning that and hoping there's a quick charge battery that will actually work.

Not with my Moto X.

Here's 20 mins of charging.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Attachments

• 24065.jpg
    24065.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 71

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Initial.

Attachments

• 24063.jpg
    24063.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 69

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

10 mins later.

Attachments

• 24064.jpg
    24064.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 88

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

20 mins later.

Attachments

• 24065.jpg
    24065.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 88