03-08-2016 07:45 AM
113 ... 2345
tools
    Finally got my Pure up and running with an Incipio case and Incipio Plex screen protector. Screen protector went on easy and I am very happy with it. It is thinner then any other glass protector I used. It does seem like plastic but Incipio insists it is glass. $34 is kind of steep for it but it is easy to put on because of the installation bumper.
    Clocks likes this.
    10-06-2015 01:27 PM
    I'd appreciate it if you could share whether you were able to get a perfect installation with the protectors from Bemz. Also, did your box include the alcohol swab and glass buttons listed on the contents? These are missing from mine.
    Don't buy from Bems. The protector has poor adhesion and it's the same cutouts as all of the other cheap protectors, the fact that they have a picture showing minimal cutouts is false advertising. You might as well buy from all the other small name companies for less money; you'll get the same product. Also, no alcohol swab in mine, just the protector and a cheap cloth glass cleaner.
    10-06-2015 11:06 PM
    My PE is on the way.

Sure do wish someone would find a glass protector that works well. I may have to resort to the old standby film type.
    10-07-2015 08:23 AM
    I received the iq as well, and it is a great screen protector. I've tried a few other tempered glass ones on my 2013, and I think this iq is better than any other I've tried. Hopefully your replacement works for you.

I can't remember all I tried, but I know the best one I ended up going with was the i-BLASON for my 2013. This is very comparable, but seemed to go on easier, more accurate and the glass seems great (few fingerprints, greater touch sensitivity, and very very smooth).

Overall, I prefer the glass of the IQ more than the screen naked.

Posted via the Android Central App
    They are sending me a refund . They never offered to send me a replacement after all.
    I guess I misunderstood,or they changed their mind .Just got the other email of saying they would refund money

This was the first glass screen protector that never worked out . I have installed 3 tempered glass screen protectors in the past on other phones.
    10-07-2015 03:19 PM
    I've tried three different brands of tempered glass screen protectors for my phone and the iLLumiShied screen protector is one of the few glass screen protectors for the Moto X Pure that seems to stay down against the screen properly around the edges. I believe that is because the phone screen curves down slightly at the edges and this protector is cut back further from the edges in order to avoid the curved portion of the screen. (I heard comments from others that earlier versions of the iLLumiShied screen protector didn't fit well, but the one I received 10/10/15 did fit well.) The feel of the screen and it's repulsion of finger prints is good, but not quite as good as the Fosmon screen protector I tried earlier.

Installation of this screen protector is a bit of a pain to get perfectly aligned. It also proved difficult to keep lint and dust from between the phone and the screen protector during installation. I've heard that Incipio makes an installation guide for some of their screen protectors that snaps onto the face of the phone and insures perfect alignment during installation. That would have been especially helpful here since the iLLumiShied screen protector doesn't go all the way to the edge of the screen and since the phone screen curves down slightly at the edges. I used a long piece of tape that hung off the top and bottom of the screen protector as tabs to hold onto as I precisely positioned the screen protector above the phone and that helped immensely. I also found that a small piece of scotch tape was useful in removing lint/dust from both the phone screen and the adhesive side of the screen protector if a small piece drifted into place during installation.

(Can't post link to product on Amazon. Not enough posts yet.)
    10-11-2015 03:37 PM
    I know about a month ago there were no really good glass screen protectors. I am wondering if anyone has be able to find a more suitable screen protector that would not cause halo effect and that would cover more of the edges of the phone. I have one now just in case to protect my phone in the meantime, but the top and bottom have so much unprotected space and the sides have the halo effect so i cant wait to get rid of it.
    11-05-2015 08:56 AM
    I would like to have this info, too

Posted from my XT1575
    11-05-2015 09:50 AM
    There's another thread here on this somewhere. This product works great, although it doesn't feel as thick as other glass products I've used. More like a thick plastic.

Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Glass Screen Protector | Incipio
    11-05-2015 10:07 AM
    Due to the very narrow space below the bottom speaker and the even narrower space above the top speaker, I think that it is simply not going to happen like we would want! I personally have tried two different glass protectors and neither one worked well at all. I have been thinking of measuring just the space between the two speakers from top to bottom and then from side to side and buying a square, tempered glass protector designed for some other phone that fits as close as possible those measurements. If it works at least it will protect the most important part of the screen from scratches and possible breakage.
    11-05-2015 12:21 PM
    I bought the IVSO from Amazon and it has a cut out for the bottom speaker. I do se some halo but not enough to bother me. My only complaint is it is a grease magnet. I clean it and bam it is right back to being a toilet.
    11-08-2015 11:52 AM
    I have the Pleson also after the ivoler and Skinomi didn't work. The Pleson is the best of the three for me. Of course, my wife installed that one and that didn't hurt either. It has a nice feel, no halos, probably achieved by it not completely covering the whole screen.
    11-08-2015 05:38 PM
    I saw on reddit some users got the Fosmon version:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4814147

I'm still trying to figure out which one to get.
    11-08-2015 07:48 PM
    I have the IQ shield I got from Amazon for under $8 and it is a good fit.

11-08-2015 08:01 PM
    The reviews on the Fosmon version are very poor. Apparently the protector doesn't bend to fit the slightly curved display and it makes the edges look horrible (one of the amazon reviews had pictures where all of the edges were peeled up because of the curve).
    VoltaicShock likes this.
    11-08-2015 08:34 PM
    I have the Pleson also after the ivoler and Skinomi didn't work. The Pleson is the best of the three for me. Of course, my wife installed that one and that didn't hurt either. It has a nice feel, no halos, probably achieved by it not completely covering the whole screen.
    Pleson here also. It's great.

11-08-2015 10:25 PM
    There's another thread here on this somewhere. This product works great, although it doesn't feel as thick as other glass products I've used. More like a thick plastic.

Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Glass Screen Protector | Incipio
    I use this one and love it! The alignment tool allows for perfect application. Well worth the price.
    11-09-2015 11:04 AM
    I just installed the Pleson that was linked above - fits great! Install was as easy as any other glass protector and it came with all the wipes needed. No halo either! I have my Pure in a Cruzerlite TPU case and it all fits together great. It does leave quite a bit exposed at the very top due to the sensors but overall I like it.
    benjamminh and 312MotoGus like this.
    11-11-2015 09:59 AM
    Here is a quick photo of the Pleson and the gap it leaves at the top. That lip likes to catch dust and pocket lint! I contacted Pleson and they said this is normal for the Pure protector.

My Pure is in a Cruzerlite Bugdroid TPU case in the photo. Decent little TPU case. Photo taken with my old LG G2.

11-13-2015 12:50 PM
    It is typical, I looked at a lot to see if there were any that went all the way up. Take a look at them on amazon for example.
    I did look on Amazon, their photo shows it going all the way up which is why I bought it and then contacted them when it didnt. It fits fine, cleans up fine and went on easily enough, just wish it went higher up.
    11-13-2015 01:43 PM
    If it fit the whole screen, your chances of halos and peeling seem to increase fwiw.
    11-13-2015 01:49 PM
    I just ended up taking the screen protector off, because the screen sensitivity is already low as it is, and the screen protector in my opinion inhibits it even further so a lot of times as I am scrolling it just clicks on random stuff
    11-13-2015 02:40 PM
    I just installed the Pleson that was linked above - fits great! Install was as easy as any other glass protector and it came with all the wipes needed. No halo either! I have my Pure in a Cruzerlite TPU case and it all fits together great. It does leave quite a bit exposed at the very top due to the sensors but overall I like it.
    Could you post a new link to that Pleson one? I searched the thread but couldn't find the link. Thanks!
    12-01-2015 09:01 PM
    Could you post a new link to that Pleson one? I searched the thread but couldn't find the link. Thanks!
    I have the Pleson tempered glass also, and for me, it fits great. You can't beat the price also ($US 7.95 on Amazon)
    Here's the <link>
    312MotoGus likes this.
    12-02-2015 10:08 AM
    I bought and tried Skinomi Tech Glass Tempered Screen protector...

It lifts at the bottom towards the speaker. I peeled it off and moved it up as far as possible and it still lifts on the inside around that bottom button. Outer edges are not that bad at all, just those bottom tabs that protrude alongside the bottom speaker.

I think I will rock naked. I'm not a fan of the plastic ones as they scratch way too easily. Also not much of a fan of the rubbery self healing ones. They smudge and collect stuff like crazy.Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style-20151203_092236_zpspescykoo.jpgTempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style-20151203_092252_zpsutferhfg.jpg
    12-02-2015 02:12 PM
    I would not recommend the "Moto X Pure Edition Screen Protector, PLESON® Motorola Moto X Pure Edition/X Style Tempered Glass Screen Protectors 0.26mm 99.9% HD 9H Hardness Glass Screen Protector For Moto X Pure-Lifetime Warranty"

The whole perimeter of the protector never stuck to the device, even though it's adhered properly everywhere else. The problem is worse on the right and left sides, but is still present on the bottom. It was a good price, but I would gladly pay a little more for something that actually sticks to the screen completely.
    12-03-2015 08:25 PM
113 ... 2345