What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about this phone?

My two complaints are:
1) Low earpiece volume (as compared to my G3)
2) Don't like back button being all the way on the left (right-handed user and could change buttons around on G3)

Yes...this is definitely one of the pros of the skins out there like LG's. As most of us are right-handers, it would seem intuitive that the back button be on the far right of as that seems to be used more often than the 'recents' button. Not sure why stock android wouldn't give you the option to customize the layout based on your usage.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

My two complaints are:
2) Don't like back button being all the way on the left (right-handed user and could change buttons around on G3)

Same audio issue with the Note 4 and is why I use Poweamp audio player. There is an amp gain feature that works great and the app integrates well with Bluetooth devices (my car as example).

monofurioso

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: What do you NOT like about the Moto X Pure Edition?

If I understand you correctly, you're saying you need to take two actions to get to the quick toggles? All you have to do is swipe down with two fingers instead of one, and it will automatically open the quick settings.

You are a gentleman (or gentlewoman) and a scholar! Point of issue is now gone!

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

My two complaints are:

Which is weird, because the earpiece is a full-fledged speaker. I can't imagine it would be hard to turn the call volume up a bit.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Just got mine and loving it so far. Coming from Note 4. I'm still installing apps and getting all set up. There's a few oddities for me that I'm sure I'll get used to (the camera app being one for sure). I'd say the biggest thing I have to get used to is no physical home button after 3 Samsung phones in a row. But I can't really complain about much yet. And trust me, if I find something to complain about I'll be back :)

Adjusting to this myself.. On screen buttons feel odd

Posted via the Android Central App

editorkid

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

No notification LED. No phone should ship without one. I have an AW watch and the Bluetooth is only good for 15 feet or so. When I come back to my desk I want to see if I missed any calls, messages, or emails.

The screen sucks compared to the nexus 5. Colors are just flat and washed-out.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
What do you NOT like about the Moto X Pure Edition?

I did not know this- no LED is LAME. They kind of got away with it with an AMOLED display, but not with LCD. That seems an egregious power waste not having LED notification when using LCD. The whole display is powered for small notification area.

You can root to get one, but up in the air if warranty is voided or not. Also a lot of folks will not bother trying to root since not one click simple. More risk.

Moto needs to enable the middle white LED for notifications in the settings as an option. Come on Moto, do the right thing for people that want notifications AND better battery life.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

I bump the edges of the screen with my hand when I don't mean to much more than any other phone I've had, undoubtedly due to the size. Otherwise I'm in love!

Sent from my XT1575

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Adjusting to this myself.. On screen buttons feel odd

Posted via the Android Central App

You adjust after a few days at most. I felt the same way when I had my G4 but I got used to it real quick.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

No notification LED. No phone should ship without one. I have an AW watch and the Bluetooth is only good for 15 feet or so. When I come back to my desk I want to see if I missed any calls, messages, or emails.

Wow sounds like you aren't that impressed with the screen on it, I am also amazed that it doesn't have a notification LED, I really want to replace my Xperia Z3 and not pay top end money sonic thought the Style would be the phone but I am just not so sure now, I really like bigger screens and the 5.7" was so appealing I am almost tempted to look for a Nexus 6 but the price on that is still too high!

icstars989

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Wow sounds like you aren't that impressed with the screen on it, I am also amazed that it doesn't have a notification LED, I really want to replace my Xperia Z3 and not pay top end money sonic thought the Style would be the phone but I am just not so sure now, I really like bigger screens and the 5.7" was so appealing I am almost tempted to look for a Nexus 6 but the price on that is still too high!

$350? Seems like a fair price to me for an N6. Have you checked Swappa lately, could find a mint one even cheaper.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

$350? Seems like a fair price to me for an N6. Have you checked Swappa lately, could find a mint one even cheaper.

That is a great price but I am in the UK and they are a lot more than that which is a shame!

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

I agree with you about the screen. It's a big difference from previous models. The display quality on the Note 5 blows this thing out of the water. Granted that is a much more expensive phone, but the switch to LCD from AMOLED is curious indeed.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

YeahMon360

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

After using it for a week, I only have one gripe. I got the standard back. It's too damn slippery when you set it down. I cannot sit in on the arm of my recliner without it sliding off. I cannot sit it on my pant leg without it sliding off. I cannot sit it anywhere without it sliding off. Unless I sit it at an absolute flat plane.
I hate like hell to put a TPU case on it just to get it to stay put.

DaWulv

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm loving just about everything about the phone except for the text/font in certain areas. Take, for example, the Facebook app - some of the font is made up of letters outlined in black which are very difficult to see (see photo below, where it says "Sponsored," "oneplus.net." "615 likes 72 comments"), while the other text is just solid black (which is fine to me). I noticed that this text is also what is used for app headings and throughout the phone in general. Is there anyway to change this? Does anyone else find this text difficult to read?

IMG_0162.jpg

YeahMon360

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I'm loving just about everything about the phone except for the text/font in certain areas. Take, for example, the Facebook app - some of the font is made up of letters outlined in black which are very difficult to see (see photo below, where it says "Sponsored," "oneplus.net." "615 likes 72 comments"), while the other text is just solid black (which is fine to me). I noticed that this text is also what is used for app headings and throughout the phone in general. Is there anyway to change this? Does anyone else find this text difficult to read?

View attachment 197191
I just checked FB to see. Mine doesn't appear that way. Are you running the latest FB update?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I think we need to lobby Moto to add the LED notification as a settings option in a future update. The current system only is a profound battery waster compared to an LED. If people want to continue using it as is, cool, but allow the LED option for those that want it. Folks at XDA that have rooted have enabled the center white LED for notifications, so the function does exist.

Rooting though is debatable if voids warranty or not (depends on who at Moto you speak to) and there is some risk in the process. Much simpler just for Moto to enable and add the script in the firmware.

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I think we need to lobby Moto to add the LED notification as a settings option in a future update. The current system only is a profound battery waster compared to an LED. If people want to continue using it as is, cool, but allow the LED option for those that want it. Folks at XDA that have rooted have enabled the center white LED for notifications, so the function does exist.

Rooting though is debatable if voids warranty or not (depends on who at Moto you speak to) and there is some risk in the process. Much simpler just for Moto to enable and add the script in the firmware.

The Nexus 6 is the same way. It has an LED, but can only be accessed via root.

wkm001

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

I tried turning off Moto Display and installing light flow. No luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa