Earpiece Volume too low on my Moto X Pure Edition

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone find that the volume on the earpiece does not go up quite enough? Maybe it's my old ears. We know the speaker is capable of it, but in a noisy environment, I find myself tapping the volume-up, even though I know I'm at the top already. Hopefully they can tweak this in a software update down the road. Is it just me?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone find that the volume on the earpiece does not go up quite enough? Maybe it's my old ears. We know the speaker is capable of it, but in a noisy environment, I find myself tapping the volume-up, even though I know I'm at the top already. Hopefully they can tweak this in a software update down the road. Is it just me?
I find all bluetooth earbuds are too soft on all Android phones

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I wrote that as my initial dislike. I don't think the earpiece volume is that loud. Definitely not as loud as my G3

Posted via the Android Central App

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Phone sounds beyond great for me. On Verizon with advanced 4g on. People keep telling me I sound amazing and I feel I'm sitting right next to them

Sent from my XT1575

spydie2

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean the volume while on a call? If so, yes for my almost 50 year old ears.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I think all those other posters were talking about music and video volume. You are talking about call volume and they missed the point. Yes, the call volume is terrible. Worst phone I ever had for that. Anyone that says differently is obviously smoking something. Lots of complaints on the internet about that, and of course, there are always one or two people jumping in with "my call volume is way LOUD." but they are on drugs.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I think all those other posters were talking about music and video volume. You are talking about call volume and they missed the point. Yes, the call volume is terrible. Worst phone I ever had for that. Anyone that says differently is obviously smoking something. Lots of complaints on the internet about that, and of course, there are always one or two people jumping in with "my call volume is way LOUD." but they are on drugs.
It's fine inside in a relatively quiet room, but if there's moderate or loud background noise, it can be very hard to hear the caller.

Moto X Pure Edition (Verizon)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I will say the volume is lower than my other phones but of my needs it is fine. I have good hearing though so I know that helps.

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have 41 year old hair band era concert ears. I use it when running 30 year old tractor (not so quiet) and I honestly have been happy with the volume. I came from a G3 which was good and I think this is slightly louder. Weird the differences people are having.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My Pure is extremely loud and clear...I had the Droid Turbo, THAT had horrible call volume. This phone is at least 3 times as loud. Could be different carriers having different call volumes. I'm on Verizon with Enhanced LTE on and it is one of the clearest and loudest call volume phones I've ever had, and I've had many...JMTC

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
My Pure is extremely loud and clear...I had the Droid Turbo, THAT had horrible call volume. This phone is at least 3 times as loud. Could be different carriers having different call volumes. I'm on Verizon with Enhanced LTE on and it is one of the clearest and loudest call volume phones I've ever had, and I've had many...JMTC

Enhanced LTE, HD Voice, VOLTE...I know verizon has had these for a while. How are they turned on? Is this on the account side as a feature? Maybe that's the difference.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Enhanced LTE, HD Voice, VOLTE...I know verizon has had these for a while. How are they turned on? Is this on the account side as a feature? Maybe that's the difference.

You should be able to login to your Verizon account and add a feature called "Advanced Calling" to your account. It adds $0.00 a month (a.k.a nothing) but will enable VoLTE for you :).