Question about Moto X pure + Moto 360?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone here used Moto X pure and Moto 360? I just thinking to get Moto 360 but someone told me if u connect your phone with the watch it drain the battery faster.. Thanks.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here used Moto X pure and Moto 360? I just thinking to get Moto 360 but someone told me if u connect your phone with the watch it drain the battery faster.. Thanks.

I have a 360 and had it connected since day to my MXPE. GSam says Android Wear drain is 0.1%. Moto Body is showing 0.0%.

More important is what you let put info onto the 360 from the phone. I block Google Maps unless I need navigation while walking, because you get Navigation directions both the phone and watch, and that will suck down the watch battery.

Both the phone and watch have been off chargers for almost 5 hours. MXPE is at 71%, Moto 360 is at 79%.

The latest Android Wear update seems to have improved battery life on the 360.

Posted from my XT1575

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Unobtanium on the phone battery usage part. Unless you are in the habit of leaving your Bluetooth off you won't notice any appreciable battery drain from android wear.

On the watch side unless you have ambient mode on or you are on your watch constantly you won't drain the battery in 1 day so it's no big deal.

Is your friend one of those people who gets a flagship phone and then turns everything off to "save battery" and might as well just have a flip phone at the end of the day?

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Moto 360 (or any smartwatch) does drain any phone's battery more than if you weren't connected but not overly so - actually can get through a full day with much to spare on my Moto X Pure (and great battery life on my 360), whereas my One M8 took a huge hit on battery life after I got the watch and I had to always charge up mid-afternoon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress