Verizon won't activate my Moto X Pure!!!

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
The sales folks claim it will not work on their network. The only BYOD they allow that is not Verizon-specific is the iPhone 6.

Has anyone activated a Moto X Pure on Verizon recently? If so, who did you have to contact to get it done? I wanted to switch carriers, but they make it so difficult!!!

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The sales folks claim it will not work on their network. The only BYOD they allow that is not Verizon-specific is the iPhone 6.

Has anyone activated a Moto X Pure on Verizon recently? If so, who did you have to contact to get it done? I wanted to switch carriers, but they make it so difficult!!!

I just went to the store and got a Sim card. Honestly you can order a Sim for the phone on their website and not have to talk to any of them.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Will you be a new Verizon customer?

MORANDCHI

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon and I ordered my Moto X pure with a sim Card from Motorola. I did everything online and I had no issues.

Chris

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes. From what I've read on the web, it seems existing, working SIMs can just be swapped. I don't have one of those.

I don't think that's 100% accurate, I've seen people swap their sims no problem. I don't know why you're having such an issue, it shouldn't be a problem on the website. All you have to do is type in a few numbers and order a new Sim for that phone. You have some hard luck my friend.

phillyphreak

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I walked into the Verizon store with my pure and the guy tried to tell me the same thing. After some back and forth he conceded to bring me a new Sim card (for free) I popped it in and activated it instantly.

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site

It absolutely works. I brought both a non-Verizon Nexus 6 and a MXPE (which I am currently using) to them, and they just gave me a SIM and activated it with no questions asked. I had to switch from a micro to a nano SIM when I first brought in my Nexus 6, and it was no problem at all. I then got the MXPE about a month later and simply put the SIM from my Nexus 6 in there without a hitch.

Bottom line... Whether it's a new account or existing account, the MXPE as well as the Nexus 6, 5x, and 6p will all work on Verizon with absolutely no problems at all. Anyone that tells you differently does not know what they are talking about. Those devices, as well as the iPhone 6 series and SE, are all BYOD. I researched this THOROUGHLY before I switched from my Blackberry Z30 (micro SIM) to the Nexus 6 (nano SIM).

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I walked into the Verizon store with my pure and the guy tried to tell me the same thing. After some back and forth he conceded to bring me a new Sim card (for free) I popped it in and activated it instantly.
This ^^^^^

If you don't get the answer you like, or that you know is right, try another sales rep. Escalate to a store manager. If that doesn't work: Try a different store. I've been working with VZW for several years. Not all the sales reps., in the stores or on the phone, or all the stores know what they're doing.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah people at Verizon are not that well informed. The ones at my store know who I am now and just concede what I want. The learned I know the process.

sp3ak

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I got my MXPE right when it came out and all the serial numbers weren't in the system yet so I wasn't able to activate it. I had to wait a couple days and then I was able to go in, have them give me a nano sim (my other phone had a regular sim so I couldn't just pop it in), and I was good to go.

Could it be that you have a phone that is in a batch of serial numbers that didn't get added?