I dropped my phone in some water, and it seems to be working fine but...

Bobby McBoberson

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
So I was taking a shower and my phone fell in a few inches of water for about a second. Being the ***** I was, I went and plugged it in to the AC. Then after I finished my shower, I put it in rice for a few MI uses and then started messing with it and it was all fine expect it wouldn't play music or turbocharge. Then I out it in a bag of uncooked rice for about 40 minutes and now it is plugged din again because I need power and I'm a damn *****. But music is working now. Do you guys think it will be fine?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
So I was taking a shower and my phone fell in a few inches of water for about a second. Being the ***** I was, I went and plugged it in to the AC. Then after I finished my shower, I put it in rice for a few MI uses and then started messing with it and it was all fine expect it wouldn't play music or turbocharge. Then I out it in a bag of uncooked rice for about 40 minutes and now it is plugged din again because I need power and I'm a damn *****. But music is working now. Do you guys think it will be fine?

Long story short. whether it was a second or 10 minutes. The fact is your phone was in contact with water. Your first mistake was not turning it off and throwing it in rice immediately. Water is a conductor. The fact you plugged it into the outlet and left it on during your shower right after you got it wet usually spells disaster. Water being a conductor means that if said water is in contact with 2 points on the main board it shouldn't be = FRIED.
You may have got lucky but 40 minutes in rice is not even close to long enough, try 72 hours.

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
If this was any other phone, every step you made would have been the absolute worst thing to do in the situation. The water resistant coating in Moto phones is quite a lifesaver in my experience but don't rely on it in the future. All it takes is one small defect in the water resistant coating on the inside of the phone, and your phone is dead as a doornail. Everything mhinc said is absolutely true.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I mostly agree with mhinc. Water and electricity don't mix. However, I would forgo the rice and just air dry it. Maybe put it in front of a fan or an air conditioner vent.