camera gesture problem

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So I just got the Dev edition today and it is awesome. However I am having an issue with the camera twist. After about an hour or so the twist gesture no longer works. After a reboot, it works no problem. Then repeat. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did you find a fix to this issue? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It takes getting use to the twist gesture .You might want to practise a few times it can be kinda picky.Be kinda snappy when you twist the phone using the gesture,to gentle of a twist it doesnt seem to work as well.

asharrop

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Gentle works fine for me, but I did notice that I need to make sure to twist all the way back to the original position on the second twist. My general tendency was to not fully twist all the way back, and once I realized this it works every time.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
After someone else explained it like turning a doorknob I get it right about 95+ % of the time.

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, I know I've been doing it right. It just seemed like the camera app was stopping after a while, causing the gesture to not register. So i found that if I ended the app, it would start working again.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
ha, i spoke to soon. Mine is no longer working as well. Even after i restarted my phone. But weird stuff i happening altogether. I don't know if it's my girly game i added or if it's the update.

any recs as to what to do?

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been less finicky after creating this thread. I just messed around with the camera app for a bit. Turned off the gesture for an hour then exited the app completely. turned it back on and haven't had too many hiccups. I didn't pay attention on if the issue was happening when the battery saving toggle was on, that could be something to look at...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Didn't know where else to post this:

Found something strange today. Kinda funny. Dropped my phone (otterbox defender). Guess the way it twist and turned when it fell was similar and turned the camera on.