Has anyone switch to Moto x coming from a note 2

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering getting a Moto x on Verizon I have had my note 2 for a bout a year and would like something different I know the size between the two are a big difference and it only has 16gig of storage those are the two things I'm worried about so I would like to ask how have you adjusted to the size and is 16gig enough storage?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering getting a Moto x on Verizon I have had my note 2 for a bout a year and would like something different I know the size between the two are a big difference and it only has 16gig of storage those are the two things I'm worried about so I would like to ask how have you adjusted to the size and is 16gig enough storage?

coming from Nexus 4 and i felt a big difference but i loved the size and ergonomics of Moto X. you have to hold it to understand what i mean.

It felt great on hand... about storage size you can always get 32 gb and its only $50 gb extra unlike other phones which charge you $100

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I was a big fan of my Note 2. I was strongly considering a Note 3, but after all the positive feedback I was hearing about the Moto X I decided to give it a try. The change in size is both a positive and a negative depending on how you look at it. For me the positives outweigh the negative. This phone just feels great in the hand. It is so quick and smooth. The features are really useful. I would recommend the 32gb version since you are used to the extra SD card space.

It is a personal preference and only you can decide what matters to you most but if you want a great phone that just works this is it. I can't say enough good things about it. You just have to be ok with losing the screen size and the features of the Note phones.

Sent from my Moto X

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks ;)... Does Verizon carry the 32 gig I heard they only had the 16

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Note 2. No comparison in my opinion, Moto X feels amazing in the hand. It's the same size as my iPhone 5 with a bigger screen. I'm glad to be done with TouchWiz as well.

slg1906

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have a Note 2, but one thing to consider re: space is that the X comes with 50GB of free (for two years) Google Drive space. My previous phone had a 16GB SD card in it. I store all my pics, video, and music on Drive now.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I posted this on XDA just the other day. Hope this helps you out.

I recently sold my Note 3 to pick up a Moto X. I ended up getting a white TMO 16GB Moto X on Cyber Monday that I've had since last Wed. The primary reason that I wanted to get rid of the Note 3 was the overall size. I'm a pretty big dude (6'5 280) so I've got pretty large hands and it still was too much phone to deal with on a daily basis. My hand would literally start hurting/cramping and having a burning sensation all through my knuckles and that gradually worked it's way down my arm. So I got fed up and decided to get rid of it on Craigslist. I will say that the screen quality, expandable storage and battery life on the N3 are the primary things that I missed initially. What I don't miss is the fire burning in my hand and forearm that I felt everyday using it.

So now that I've had my Moto X for a few days now I can say without any doubt that I made the right decision to switch. The ice storm here in Dallas has afforded me the opportunity to have three solid days of quality time with this awesome phone.

Here are some specific points:

The in hand feel is fantastic and I haven't experienced any discomfort at all. The build quality and fit and finish are top notch as well. The N3 just feels cheap and fragile compared to it. It also has a great weight to it that makes it feel very solid. I'm not scared to drop this phone and have it shatter into a million pieces. Even still I ended up ordering a case for it to preserve its pristine condition.

I will definitely say that the difference in screen resolution isn't nearly as noticeable as I thought that it was going to be. The screen on the Moto X is very sharp an vibrant while being extremely responsive. Very deep blacks and somewhat warm whites. The colors absolutely pop with vivid contrast. I can't complain at all about the screen.

The battery life on the N3 was simply insane. The best screen on time that I ever got was right at 8hrs. It was a beast when it came to battery life. That being said I can pull down 5:30-6hrs screen on time with my Moto X. So I can definitely notice a difference but it's not a deal breaker for me. I can live with the battery life that I'm getting with the Moto X. Plus it charges crazy fast.

Expandable memory is probably the biggest issue that I've had. I opted for the 16GB version with the intent of utilizing the 200GBs of cloud storage that I have at my disposal. I've also stopped keeping music stored on my device and use streaming services like Play Music All Access, Spotify and Google Drive via the Beat app. It's been mostly painless but there was some adjusting initially. I had a 32GB N3 with a 64GB SD which is a ton of local storage. Believe it or not I just had to slightly adjust what apps and games to install instead of just installing everything. It has actually had the added bonus of streamlining and focusing my gaming attention. Now I'm having to play a game and beat it to get to the next one. I tend to try and look at the positive side of things.

Now lets get to the best aspect of the Moto X and that's the Motorola software tweaks onboard. I don't know how I ever lived without Active Notifications. It's such an elegant and logical way to handle notifications that it should just be baked into Android. I love that I can just glance over to see quickly what it is without touching my device. Then if I want to get more info I can just press the icon and it displays more detail. Then if I want to address it just swipe up to jump directly respond to it. Simply fantastic! I also like that if I just want to see the time or use my device it knows that I've picked it up and lights up the Active Notifications screen.

I've only recently started using Moto Assist so I can't comment in depth but I can say that its been very useful thus far.
Always listening is also insanely awesome and more useful than I'd imagined. I've never really used voice controls on a phone before simply because they've never been very intuitive or useful. What the Moto X has to offer is completely different beast all together. I've started using it more lately and its really amazing software to have at your disposal. I love that if I want to do a Google search or play some music or respond to a text I can hands free with there simple words... Ok Google Now.

I know... I know, TL; DR.

Bottom Line:

The Moto X is an amazing device out the box and only continually gets better and more useful the more you use it. I don't miss my Note 3 at all. Not even a little bit and now look back on it and think how I ever went without these features. I highly recommend this device and love that I've already got Kit Kat running on it. It makes me excited to see what's next as far as updates and tweaks are concerned.

I hope this somewhat helps someone who is on the fence.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks... I'm going to best buy today to trade in my note 2 for the Moto x I'm looking forward to using the features and the smaller size because the note 2 is also starting to hurt my hands after using it for almost a year now and im tired of waiting for an update from Verizon so I'm ready for the change

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Keep us posted when you get it. I'm this ---- close to getting a Moto X with AT&T. Maybe Friday...

Thanks... I'm going to best buy today to trade in my note 2 for the Moto x I'm looking forward to using the features and the smaller size because the note 2 is also starting to hurt my hands after using it for almost a year now and im tired of waiting for an update from Verizon so I'm ready for the change

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't trade it in. What Verizon and Moto are offering is less than half what Note 2s are going for on Ebay and Swappa, especially if its in good condition or you have accessories to go with it.

Posted via Android Central App

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
So I got my moto x yesterday and so far I like it I do miss The note 2 screen size and the s pen and was starting to question my decision but the moto x is starting to grow on me so far I like the fact that it has kit Kat and that it Is purely stock and the touchless control and easier to text one handed

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't trade it in. What Verizon and Moto are offering is less than half what Note 2s are going for on Ebay and Swappa, especially if its in good condition or you have accessories to go with it.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree with you I would get more money but going to best buy was more convenient for me

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The X is an incredible phone. The only real issue with it is the camera. I have a difficult time getting a decent shot of my kids. Everything is muted, colors are dull, and the definition is bad. If they could get half the camera my S4 had, I'd be in heaven!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

dman2275

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking of picking up the moto x. I have a Note 2 so I went to VZW to check out the x in person. It seemed too small for me as a Note 2 user. I know a lot of folks don't like the N2 because of the size but using it for the last 7 months, I am used to it. The other things that made me stick with the N2 is the camera (which is phenomenal in my opinion) and the battery life on the N2. This summer, I took pictures with my phone (other parents had iPhones, other android phones and even point and shoot cameras) and out of all the pics taken, my pics were selected to use on a team plaque. As for the battery, I can always go a full day (16 hours) before having to charge it.

The moto x is very fast and the screen is nice. Good luck with your new phone !

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of picking up the moto x. I have a Note 2 so I went to VZW to check out the x in person. It seemed too small for me as a Note 2 user. I know a lot of folks don't like the N2 because of the size but using it for the last 7 months, I am used to it. The other things that made me stick with the N2 is the camera (which is phenomenal in my opinion) and the battery life on the N2. This summer, I took pictures with my phone (other parents had iPhones, other android phones and even point and shoot cameras) and out of all the pics taken, my pics were selected to use on a team plaque. As for the battery, I can always go a full day (16 hours) before having to charge it.

The moto x is very fast and the screen is nice. Good luck with your new phone !

The Note 2 is awesome. I still have mine. I just can't bring myself to sell it. I love the Moto X but I want to wait until the honeymoon is over before selling the Note 2. Lol.

Sent from my Moto X