If you get the Moto X with the leather Back, will you still use a case?

Joshua Payne

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I only use cases when I'm doing something that may lead to damage, like motorcycle rides etc, on a daliy basis I hate cases on my phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
If I got a Moto X with a leather back it would be because someone bought it for me without asking. Yes, I'd put a case on it to protect the screen - the part of the phone that I actually look at.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I would use a case on it whenever I'd be in rough conditions (camping, gardening, construction work, etc.) and then would slip off the case the rest of the time.

It always surprises me how some people think cases are permanent fixtures on cell phones.

jpoulin587

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't like a case on my moto X. When I had the black case it was good naked, but I switched to one with a white back and it's slippery. If I put it on the sear of the car whenever I stop it slides into the floor so I had to get a super thin case that's a little "grippy". And I hate it, but its practical.

I'm leaning toward the natural leather o. The new Moto X. I think it will not be slippery so I won't need a case and I can go back to a naked phone (as nature intended.). :)

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ima get that sexy bumper case, though I donot know which back I will get. If moto would put up the motomaker already, I might could decide...

ct1211

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
True story. Because I travel a lot for work i had mega Marriott points and so we spent 10 days at a pam Beach resort in December. This hotel caters to a certain "class" of people that I alas am not in. We just wanted a relaxing pool. As I layed at the pool listening to tunes on my Cognac Moto X I was approached daily by folks asking me where to get that look for their iPhone 6 or if it WAS an iPhone 6 and how did I get it. 50% of the world doesn't even know their is an Android alternative.

kreep

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I HATE cases but I just ordered the Naked Case-Mate case. After having my Moto X fall 15" off my coffee table resulting in the screen intact but the LCD liquid leaked rendering the phone useless made me buy my first ever case for a phone.
I love the cognac leather so the naked case-mate is a trade off on protection yet still showing the leather back.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Leather is supposed to develop a patina as it ages. That's part of what makes it beautiful. Covering the leather with a case would be idiotic as the patina will never have a chance to develop.

And I don't use a case on my phone anyway.
I've been shopping used phones, and I don't really want a 2014 Moto x, but my, the ones with leather backs look sexy. Scuffs and all.

If I got a Moto X with a leather back it would be because someone bought it for me without asking. Yes, I'd put a case on it to protect the screen - the part of the phone that I actually look at.
But the back is the part I touch.

I do have a film screen protector, but no case.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
No "normal" case on my bamboo backed Moto X 2014 but I just bought a wallet/pouch to use when I toss my phone in my purse/bag but otherwise, my phone is nekkid and I'm loving it! 😍

ladius

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my phone a few days ago and the screen cracked. Of all the phones I've had, this is the first to crack on the very first drop!

As much as I don't like it, I'm considering getting a case, even though the idea of covering this beautiful phone pains me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699