What is this Unknown Mystery Notification Sound?

KevinMoto

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Unknown Mystery Notification Sound

A few times a day, a notification noise happens. It isn't in the list of possible notification sounds, and nothing appears in the notification area. It is a two-tone sound that I don't recognize from any apps and I really haven't installed too much yet and no games at all. I'm on VZ, so it isn't a roaming warning because there isn't that option to disable and it happens at home anyway.

UPDATE: Found it - YahooMail !!!

Last edited:

emg2014

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unknown Mystery Notification Sound

The sound is probably the "default" sound. Go to Settings --> Sound --> Default notification sound --> then play the "natural" sound.

Now as to which application is notifying you . . . that's another question!

KevinMoto

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

Nope - "natural" is 3 tones descending - I'm getting a two-tone ascending sound, and I changed my default notification sound when I first got the phone to a personal one from and old phone that I like for texts.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Does the phone auto backup photos to Google Drive? It could be telling you they are all backed up or if Google Photo creates a Auto Awesome picture from one of your photos?

KevinMoto

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

As far as I know, I haven't set up a google cloud or any backups... (Pictures I took went right to my flickr page which I didn't like so I put a quick end to that) I don't usually sinc / back up automatically anything and I leave it (sync) off... I'll go to my google page and see if something is happening there...

Nope - Settings/accounts on phone - sync is off...
and on-line, I signed into google+ and no pics or anything and it was waiting for me to set up a cell phone # to start linking that stuff. Basically that account is minimal - only set up a user name/password so the play store would work as well as some G apps that need you to do so in order to work.

KevinMoto

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

NFC off. Although the "Display NFC Security Reminders" was checked (but dim) ... I have shut that off, but I'll have to wait to see if that was it.
Nope - just happened again...

Last edited:

KevinMoto

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Dave, but it happens when it is just sitting there - not even plugged in...

Found it - Yahoo Mail - Thanks everyone....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez