Should I Get It?

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm eligible for an upgrade and I think I'm going for the Z Force. I have a Turbo now, which still runs good, but I think it's time for something new. I was looking at the Z Play because it was cheaper. But now Verizon has the original Z and the Force 50% off. The smaller battery on the Z worries me so the Force seems like the perfect match.

Would you Force owners still recommend it? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm eligible for an upgrade and I think I'm going for the Z Force. I have a Turbo now, which still runs good, but I think it's time for something new. I was looking at the Z Play because it was cheaper. But now Verizon has the original Z and the Force 50% off. The smaller battery on the Z worries me so the Force seems like the perfect match.

1. Moto Z Force Droid
2. Moto Z Play Droid
3. Moto Z Droid

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have Z Force and Z Play. Z Force has beautiful screen and really good battery life.
ZPlay has a great screen too but a slower processor. But I truly don't notice a difference when using both.
The Z Play battery life is amazing. I feel its the perfect balance between hardware and battery life. I find myself reaching to use the Z Play more than the Z Force.
Don't get me wrong both devices are great. But if battery life is a deciding factor the Play wins out.
I upgraded from the original Turbo. I loved that device but battery life had begun to degrade.

Search through both of the forums and see what some post about all 3 phones.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I have enjoyed this phone but it was my second choice after my note 7. The JBL speakers are great mod and the extra battery are nearly a must in my opinion. No issues with the camera or the phone itself. It was nice to get a quick update to nougat and the company emailed me back on questions that I originally had. I haven't used any case but I did install a hardened screen cover on day one.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Search through both of the forums and see what some post about all 3 phones.

Battery life isn't the deciding factor but definitely a key factor. I did a lot of research on the Play because of the price. The only thing that worries me with the 625 processor is how "future proof" will the phone be. That's why I feel that with the 820 processor and larger battery, with the half price deal, the Force hits the sweet spot.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Battery life isn't the deciding factor but definitely a key factor. I did a lot of research on the Play because of the price. The only thing that worries me with the 625 processor is how "future proof" will the phone be. That's why I feel that with the 820 processor and larger battery, with the half price deal, the Force hits the sweet spot.

My guess is that the 625 will be in a lot of 2017 phones.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
My guess is that the 625 will be in a lot of 2017 phones.

That could be. And everything I've read on the Play is that it runs great. That's one of the reasons I'm still on the fence about the Force. Verizon is offering the Play for $5 a month for 24 months on new lines, no upgrades. Before I get a Force I might see if Verizon will give me the same deal as a long time customer. The Force at half price is hard to ignore.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
That could be. And everything I've read on the Play is that it runs great. That's one of the reasons I'm still on the fence about the Force. Verizon is offering the Play for $5 a month for 24 months on new lines, no upgrades. Before I get a Force I might see if Verizon will give me the same deal as a long time customer. The Force at half price is hard to ignore.

Good luck with that.. LOL Verizon never helped me out in any way! . I just purchased the z force waiting for mine to get here it says 1/27. :)

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I also went from the original Turbo to the Force about a month ago when they dropped the price for the holidays ($30 a month with $15 bill credit). I really like the Force. Call/earpiece quality I think is better, camera better, has a memory card slot, battery life seems better.

A couple of things I'm not a fan of but they're certainly not a deal breaker...The feel and wavy look of the shatterproof screen, and I'm still getting used to the flat back as opposed to the Turn of curved back. Other people have dinged the phone for a lack of a dedicated headphone jack. Not a problem for me but something to consider.

I'd say if you can get it for the $15 a month like I did go for it!

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got it. So far it's been great. I spent last night setting things up and just playing around with it. Battery life seem really good, I'll be able to tell better during the work week. I got the Verizon flexible glass screen protector. I wasn't going to; I was going to wait but, after reading about how easy the shatter shield scratches I decided not to take any chances and put one on before I even used it at all. Next is a case because it is so thin and really slippery.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If have the same screen protector. It works well.

As for a case that's a matter of preference. I use an Otterbox Defender at work. It a pretty thick set up but great protection. At home I use a cheap Cimo brand gel case off Amazon. Makes it not slippery in my hand.
Enjoy the phone.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
For a case I use the Verizon black vinyl shell, which offers good grip, keeps the phone, but probably not near the protection of the Otterbox. I'm using the Zaag InvisiShield Tempered Glass screen protector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699