new Play owner

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I couldn't deal with the laggy turbo 2 any longer. Today I got my new Z Play. So far after hours of setup.. I'm enjoying this phone!!

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm extremely happy with battery life. My first full charge with a sleep tracking app running all night.. still impressed.

Attachments

• 1000.jpg
    1000.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 68

spwexler

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Currently have a MXPE, just ordered moto z play. Should have in 10 days. Looking forward to a finger print scanner, better battery, and Lotsa accessories to choose from.

Last edited:

Suhaillhaneef

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Well I am impressed with the battery life but I am still not satisfied with the camera. Most of the review shows below average scores on cam. What do u z play users think about the cam . Need help in buying this phone. My main attraction is battery backup and camera. And i am a hardcore mobile gamer. What do guys think. Will this phone satisfy me?

Posted via Android Central App

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Well I am impressed with the battery life but I am still not satisfied with the camera. Most of the review shows below average scores on cam. What do u z play users think about the cam . Need help in buying this phone. My main attraction is battery backup and camera. And i am a hardcore mobile gamer. What do guys think. Will this phone satisfy me?

The picture quality is actually quite nice, even in low light. However, my opinion is that you need HDR to bring out the true potential of the camera, and that mode (and night mode) hold the shutter on for the greater part of a second, which is kinda slow. That is also exacerbated by the lack of OIS.

My verdict is that the picture quality can be very good, it's just a bit more hit or miss and requires you to be a bit more careful to get a good shot.

As for gaming, than goodness Moto's software is lightweight. I've encountered no lag even in moderately intensive stuff like Minecraft PE and my PS1 emulator. You'll likely only run into problems with ultra intensive games.

Other than that, all the incredible battery reports here are true. Get a Z Play, you won't regret it!

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I personally live this phone so far. That being said if I were a hard core gamer or wanted a top of the line camera I wouldn't buy this phone. I'm a fan of moto phones so I would probably go with the A force. Other than that it would be the Samsung galaxy s7. But I'm not a fan of Samsung phones unless stripped to look stock Android.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
This is the phone to buy if you want near stock Android and the best battery life available? The battery life is truly second to none. I find the camera to be very good for still pictures, but not as good when things are moving, like for kids or pets. Honestly, camera isn't the highest priority for me since my wife carries around an actual camera most times we will need one anyway.

Performance is fantastic. And don't forget about expandable storage. Overall, this phone is a huge winner.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site

In good lighting, the camera performs well. At night, it will struggle with lack of OIS. Battery life is hands down the best you'll find out there so it really comes down to whether or not you're will to sacrifice camera performance for battery life.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site

In good lighting, the camera performs well. At night, it will struggle with lack of OIS. Battery life is hands down the best you'll find out there so it really comes down to whether or not you're willing to sacrifice camera performance for battery life.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
This is the phone to buy if you want near stock Android and the best battery life available?

The Z Force also has excellent battery life (not as good as the Z Play, but still large enough to easily get through a day plus for most folks), while having a better camera & processor, and shatterproof screen. But, it's a bit more money (or a lot more money if you don't get it with a discount - discounts are common) and is Verizon only.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Well, I couldn't deal with the laggy turbo 2 any longer. Today I got my new Z Play. So far after hours of setup.. I'm enjoying this phone!!
Laggy droid turbo 2?Care to explain? How can a phone with such hi end specs become lavgy? And what's to say that your new Moto Z Play won't become laggy after a year as well?
Or maybe my conspiracy theory is you felt just a tiny bit of lag and you used it as an excuse to scratch your new phone a year itch?

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I had those same worries about this phone before buying. I wondered why my turbo 2 was so awful, I can only assume I got a dud.. No one around me had a another turbo 2 to judge but mine was terrible. Not just a tiny bit laggy. At the end of the day I couldn't deal without moto software enhancements. So I'm trying my hands with another moto. My original turbo is still going strong.