wifi authentication problems

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Will not connect to wifi actually exchanged it once already at best buy and still the same problem. Just says authentication problem any ideas as to what's wrong and has anyone else had this issue?

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Is it every Wi-Fi point you try to connect too or just the one at your house? You can also try temporarily turning of the encryption on your home router and see if you can connect then.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I restarted my device and had to reconnect the wifi again by pushing the WPS button on my router again. Ugh this could get annoying

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
As Bitterman already asked, have you tried it on other wifi networks? Is the problem on every network, or only your home network? If you've only had problems at home, and exchanged the phone and have the same problem, it sounds like a network problem, not a phone problem. Have you restarted the router?

NX1977

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Some routers you need the passcode in UPPERCASE.

My laptop is happy with my router password in lowercase, but all our Android devices need the same password in uppercase.

You shouldn't need to keep pressing the WPS button every time you connect unless you are telling your phone to forget the network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez