Release date?

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I have talked to 2 different vzw reps since yesterday and both informed me preorders will begin tomorrow(july 21st) at 9am est. Delivery will be july 28th by 3pm if sent to a business address and 8pm if to your house. Also available in store the 28th

Posted via the Android Central App

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Something is happening today on the Verizon site. Previously you could search for "moto mods", click on a mod and see the product page with "coming soon" listed. Now clicking on a moto mod from the search results brings up a 404 page.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Something is happening today on the Verizon site. Previously you could search for "moto mods", click on a mod and see the product page with "coming soon" listed. Now clicking on a moto mod from the search results brings up a 404 page.

Interesting! Might jive with a 9am EST release for pre-order.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm still in disbelief from the rumored prices. I can't see how you can make the argument to buy this over a GS7, which has a better camera and screen for the same price or why you would buy this over the plethora of less expensive phones like the Nexus 6P.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm still in disbelief from the rumored prices. I can't see how you can make the argument to buy this over a GS7, which has a better camera and screen for the same price or why you would buy this over the plethora of less expensive phones like the Nexus 6P.

Price isn't everything. Some people might just consider this a better phone than the others.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Verizon site is updated.

$26/m z, $30/m force ($624 / $720). All of the rumored mod prices were correct.

$90 for a wireless charging power pack
$80 for a regular power pack
$59 for a kate spade style mod (literally just a piece of plastic in kate spade colors)
$300 projector
$80 speaker

Web deal: buy 1 mod at full price get any additional mods at 40% off

Note: there are no basic/cheap "style" mods on Verizon's website. The cheapest mod is the Kate Spade style mod.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Personally, I appreciate some of the Moto features, like the enhanced voice commands, the gesture controls, etc. The mods could turn out to be pretty cool (or they might flop and be a bit silly, but it shouldn't diminish the phone on its own if they do). I also really strongly dislike the modifications Samsung makes to Android. I was really tempted by the 6P, especially in a recent sale where I could've gotten it through Amazon for under $400, but the BestBuy preorder deal let me get the Z Force for $99, so I'm sold.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No offense, but I'm not playing this game. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I'm sure some would say better.

Nicely said :). I have never gone on price as determining if something is worth the buy. I look at the phone / thing and see what interests me + fits my needs.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Name the better

Posted via the Android Central App

One of the first things I learned when I started becoming a phone geek is that everyone has their own hierarchy of likes, dislikes and priorities.... I suppose there are some phones that are objectively "better" than others, but that is a discussion that I'm not going to wade into right now.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Nicely said :). I have never gone on price as determining if something is worth the buy. I look at the phone / thing and see what interests me + fits my needs.

This is exactly what I do. Phones are my splurge toy. I can restrain myself in other walks of life, but not here. 😀

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
My S7E is very nice. But after years of on screen buttons I found I intensely disliked the physical home button on Samsung products. And the incessant installation/updating of Samsung apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez