Droid 2 constantly rebooting.

ultizor

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from my original Moto Droid to the Droid 2 (happy day right?). After getting multiple faulty original Droids, Verizon upgraded me to a "certified like new phone". I proceeded with set up and added my Gmail account and re-downloaded all the apps from my marketplace that were on the original Droid. At this point my phone began to reboot every 20 min. with no warning. I did a hard reset on the phone and still the problem persists. I'm really not sure if this would have anything to do with the issue, but I am using the same battery and SD card that were in the original Droid.

I really don't know what to do and would love any suggestions from anybody here on AC :)

Fulaboy

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from my original Moto Droid to the Droid 2 (happy day right?). After getting multiple faulty original Droids, Verizon upgraded me to a "certified like new phone". I proceeded with set up and added my Gmail account and re-downloaded all the apps from my marketplace that were on the original Droid. At this point my phone began to reboot every 20 min. with no warning. I did a hard reset on the phone and still the problem persists. I'm really not sure if this would have anything to do with the issue, but I am using the same battery and SD card that were in the original Droid.

I really don't know what to do and would love any suggestions from anybody here on AC :)

The Droid Series are notorious for this problem. This is why I traded my Droid X in for a Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate because the Droid X had self-rebooting problems during its 30 day period.

ultizor

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Maybe try formatting the SD card.

Thanks for the tip, gave it a shot. The problem is still persisting, I have noticed the amount of reboots is worse when the phone is in my pocket. I am wondering if this might be an overheating safety measure? Dunno, thanks for the tip again fang.

ultizor

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
The Droid Series are notorious for this problem. This is why I traded my Droid X in for a Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate because the Droid X had self-rebooting problems during its 30 day period.
I wish I could get off of this phone :( Verizon won't let me get any different model without using an upgrade, and I am still hopeful for the bionic.

ultizor

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
the best way i have found to prevent random reboots is to put a custom ROM on the device. Specifically the gingerbread leak.
so cory it sounds like you are thinking this is a software issue? i'll try putting the gingerbread leak on the new phone I get from vzw. I had just figured the ota version was so close, I didn't bother to look into rooting it. thanks for the suggestion! :)

dousenator

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my Droid 2 (stock, 2.2) and I found that the issues were significantly reduced when I went through and removed all the apps I didn't use/didn't need.

TeeJayEss

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
right there with you

Let me know what you end up doing,
my phone is doing the same thing. I actually came on to the forums to post the same problem because it's been happening all day. I'm just nervous to do the gingerbread thing, I've never tried to install anything on my phone other than the usual market stuff.

newb nerves i guess

ultizor

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
well everyone, I got the phone switched out again through Verizon warranty claims center (on phone #9) the rebooting has stopped! I didn't do anything at all, running stock software and errythang! Just logged in with my gmail account and re-downloaded all the apps I have always had on all my phones...and it works! I might still end up doing that gingerbread update, we'll see though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wongcheng