Amazing!

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had my maxx for over a month now, and so far the battery life was amazing! I've been trying to figure out what mediaserver was and why it is killing my battery! Deduced that it was that pesky Bejeweled! Now that I've deleted that damn addicting and battery killing game even when I wasn't playing it the battery life went from amazing to insane! It has been so good, that I actually thought the battery percentage read out was broken! I love this phone! ! ! That is all!

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow Bejeweled? I wouldn't have thought that would show up as a Media Server. Nice find. :)

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow Bejeweled? I wouldn't have thought that would show up as a Media Server. Nice find. :)

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

I know! That's why it took me so long to find! Same problem with my gnex ! The game constantly runs while not using it. If I wanted to play it, once closed out I would have to force close it afterwards! Good game, not worth the hassle though.

Posted via Android Central App

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
usually media server is related to music or videos. if bejeweled is reading or writing a fair amount of information on the sd, then that could be your cause.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Last night I just looked at my data usage and noticed that amazon kindle app had used 177 mb over the past 8 days. I have never even opened or signed into this app. I went ahead and disabled it. Hopefully my battery will increase a little.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk now Free

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
This update to Android has me puzzled a bit when it comes to closing apps. Do they? On my orig. Razr, using the back key closed them, didn't it? That doesn't seem to happen here. When I use the back key in Chrome, for example, it just keeps rolling back...which tells me it's running. Do I misunderstand?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
This update to Android has me puzzled a bit when it comes to closing apps. Do they? On my orig. Razr, using the back key closed them, didn't it? That doesn't seem to happen here. When I use the back key in Chrome, for example, it just keeps rolling back...which tells me it's running. Do I misunderstand?

Hitting back almost never actually closes an app (unless it asks "do you want to exit?"), but instead goes back to the home screen, or the app that led you to where you are. To really close an app, hit the app switcher button, and swipe the app to the side. (Even then, some apps will reopen or continue to run certain background processes.) I have found it occasionally confusing when I'm in the browser & the back button acts like hitting the browser back arrow, rather than going back to where I previously was (previous app).

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
This update to Android has me puzzled a bit when it comes to closing apps. Do they? On my orig. Razr, using the back key closed them, didn't it? That doesn't seem to happen here.

Back in the old days, when Amdroid phones came with 128 MB or 256 MB of RAM, that was often the case. Not by design, but because there was a RAM shortage, many background apps were put to sleep when you returned to the launcher or opened an app. With Android now, you'll almost always ave enough RAM to keep apps active in the background. That said, most don't consume much power or resources when still open in the background.

When I use the back key in Chrome, for example, it just keeps rolling back...which tells me it's running. Do I misunderstand?

Browsers in Android - all versions - have always used the back button this way. When you get to the first site that you opened, you'll go back to the previous app (or home), depending on what was running when Chrome opened.

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
So, does hitting the task button and swiping the recent list kill the apps or just remove them from the MRU list?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Just to note that after KitKat, I'm seeing no difference in battery at all. Can still usually make it 3+ days. (No streaming vids or music or serious gameplay, usually on wifi.)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
3 days.... wtf. Lol

I usually get one day, but I use it on cell, no wifi available, and I use it a lot all day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch