Can I unlock my Droid Maxx and use it on Straight Talk?

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I have used both a Straight Talk AT&T and T-Mobile sim in my MAXX, and both work fine. You will have to make a few changes in your settings, which are listed on the Straight Talk site. Data speeds should be faster with the T-Mobile SIM, since the MAXX can handle T-Mobile 4G, but I get decent speeds with HSPA+ AT&T, and AT&T coverage is much better where I live.

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Isn't the Droid Maxx already unlocked and can I just get a T-Mobile Sim and put it in my phone and make a few changes in my settings

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the Droid Maxx already unlocked and can I just get a T-Mobile Sim and put it in my phone and make a few changes in my settings

Correct the Droid maxx is factory sim unlocked. Just need to change apn settings

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I took my Sim card out of my version droid Maxx and it is a lot smaller that the Sim cards I bought from Straight Talk am I missing something here will the micro Sim card go into my Maxx and work

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
You need a nano sim. You either need to sit your sim card down or get a new one from straight talk.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Okay guy's I really need some help here I have a factory unlocked Droid Maxx from Verizon that I want to use on Straight Talk I have no clue what I'm doing here and any help would be very appreciated some of the replys I got was helpful in leading me in the right direction but I got totally lost when someone said I had to get a nano Sim card for my droid maxx to work where do I get one of them from please help

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay guy's I really need some help here I have a factory unlocked Droid Maxx from Verizon that I want to use on Straight Talk I have no clue what I'm doing here and any help would be very appreciated some of the replys I got was helpful in leading me in the right direction but I got totally lost when someone said I had to get a nano Sim card for my droid maxx to work where do I get one of them from please help

Buy the nano sim here:

http://www.straighttalkbyop.com/shop.php

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys want to thank everyone for all the help that you provided in getting my Droid Maxx on straight talk but I promise this is the last question.In a earlier post someone said that the Maxx works better on T-Mobile frequeinces so I order a nano card from straight talk and all they have is the one's from at&t is this correct or did I miss something again

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They should have the tmobile version, maybe they ran out of stock

jkrogman

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Are the APN settings Straight Talk? I see three choices in my APNs: Straight Talk, Verizon CDMA HRDP and Verizon Internet. Am I supposed to change the Network Mode to GSM / UMTS and insert the new SIM? Will it offer me the AT&T APN choice then?
Somebody please reply.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Select straight talk and see what happens

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I went to Walmart today and bought me a Nano Sim card it was for T-Mobile for family mobile the card it self is all I need for my droid maxx my question really is will any T-Mobile Nano Sim work with Straight Talk I surely appreciated all the help you have provided so far

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your help in getting my Droid Maxx changed over to Straight Talk the only problem now is can't send pictures can send a text but no pics

qbert0826

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a consumer droid maxx from vzw the boot loader isn't unlocked I haven't tried to activate it yet I would like to put it on aio its decent in my area but I can't get the unlock code vzw is holding it hostage can I still put it on a different carrier I don't know is its sim unlocked and country unlock I don't understand what a unlocked Sim means when the phone is still locked I also realize because of it being a world phone all network it can be put on different carriers but is it possible that vzw locked it from being used in the United States