Edge to edge "glass" and a creaky body

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
So, I recently removed my case to try it out for a while, and the edge to edge glass, that is actually the glass, plus a little bit of plastic bezel that surrounds the glass at the same level, has a lip to it on the top and bottom of the display. Does anyone else without a case or screen protector have the same issue? My camera isn't set in the housing perfectly, but it's been that way since I bought the phone. I also notice case creak near the buttons and opposite the buttons. Not a huge deal, but worried about the life of the phone. I got mine the end of November, and had a case on it for a few months. I damaged my last screen protector, so am left with a completely naked phone for the first time in years. My new protectors get in on Wednesday.

Not much to discuss, but thought I would throw the questions out there.

Cheers all!

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had two Droid Maxx phones. The first (purchased in Sept) had the creaky upper right corner from the beginning. That phone later broke, so I had to purchase a new one in Jan. The new one did NOT have the creakiness right away, but I noticed it a few months later. I try not to let it bug me.

And yeah, the front bezel has a lip at the top and bottom.

Jim Sones

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine since the preorder date and no movement at all with mine and seems very tight no creaking with mine at all and been completely bare the whole time one small scratch on screen in first week thats all. Does have a small lip on the top and bottom and camera seem to fit about right for mine also.

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The lip at the top and bottom is normal, at least it's been on mine since day one of the phone's release. I've never used a case.

Sadly, just last night, I noticed some really bad creaking if I lightly squeeze the phone on either side at the level of the volume rockers/sim-tray. I guess the quality isn't quite as high as I'd held this phone in for the last 9 months.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a slight Gap on the bottom left. I use a post it note to clear out any dust. My creaking is not bad like it used to be.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Had maxx since 9/2013 and has creaked with bumper case after a few months. I think its more the case than the phone though ... It seems better in colder weather which led me to believe its the rubber bumper rather than the phone since I'd think it would get worse in colder weather if phone (shrinkage) and better with warmer (expansion) but I've seen the opposite and with bumper off I hear no creaks.

Posted via Android Central App

berryabusr88

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had my droid ultra for about 3 months and the bottom right corner is starting to separate from the rest of the housing. Would this be covered under warranty as a manufacturing defect?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non