Where is my picture

Trumper

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Have read several threads on this subject but none have met my needs. Have a Motorola Droid Mini so it does not have an sdcard. When I long hold a picture received in a text message it indicates that a save has occurred ...but...I can't find the picture. So where is it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There is an app called "Gallery" and within that app there is a folder called "Downloads". That's where it ought to be.

Trumper

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply Spock...but...no folder in the gallery, just pictures and videos I have taken. Not the texted pictures I saved. Still looking !

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
OK, does your gallery look like this or something else?

8y5eza5u.jpg

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

Trumper

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
My Gallery simply comes up with thumbnail pictures. However, if I press the upper left hand corner I get the screen you have displayed.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
OK, are you on Camera Roll? The albums view should include download and timeline should never everything.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

Trumper

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
When I choose Camera Roll I get my 3 videos and 5 pictures I have taken... no download. When I choose timeline I again get my 3 videos and 5 pictures, but now in a horizontal scrolling format... no download. When I choose Albums I get a single video with a camera icon in the middle and the caption Camera roll 5 photos 3 videos, but no download. If I tap it I am taken to the camera roll screen. Thanks for hanging with me !

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is a confusing issue that comes up with some regularity. The Downloads app shows files that were downloaded via the Download Manager, while files that were downloaded using other means don't show up in the Downloads app. You need to use a file manager app like ES File Explorer to navigate to the Downloads folder to see those files. It's confusing because it's not clear which downloads used the Download Manager and which didn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87