SG 6 and new facebook update

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
New facebook update is out, finally have inbox support. So i figured id install it (im running latest SG). Error occurred as expected, So I did the same thing I did for the google maps update that caused problems a while ago. After deleting all things facebook from my phone, I am still getting the error incompatible update:mad:
Any idea how to fix this?

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Im trying to make sure this has nothing to do with root. I deleted everything that was related to facebook from /system and /data and still get the error.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I went to my last nandroid update so I have all the files I deleted back. What should I delete to allow me to install the facebook update?

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Im trying to make sure this has nothing to do with root. I deleted everything that was related to facebook from /system and /data and still get the error.

I don't think it has to do with Root in general. I'm running Pete's leaked v1.0 BB Rooted ROM and I updated fine, and always do.

You tend to see this problem for ROM's that have skinned Facebook widgets, etc, as it cant update it for whatever reason.

So I don't believe it's related to "root" in general, but to people themeing their ROM's and widgets.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
One of the guys over at Droidforums said its because they coded it differently and alot if not all of the color codes are in different areas hence the reason why it didn't translate over.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue...i fixed it...reinstall your smoked glass...and have it delete the native facebook app...then install the one from the market...that will work...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s