Metamorph and DM 1.0

white_star_32

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
With the smoked glass theme and droidmod you do come across the problem noted by toxedo, you can not see the time in the notification bar. This is fine on my home page because I use beautiful home, but while in an app I can not see the time : (

Is there an easy fix for this?

xUltimate - it's similar to DM in that it executes several abd shell commands for you. I post a link with a step by step a few posts up. I found that here yesterday but can't seem to find that thread anymore or I'd send you there..

JGR4444 - what does unzipping them on the computer and then transferring them to the card do differently? honestly, i'm just curious cuz that's what i did and i don't wanna experience a bunch of problems later

anon(10090)

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I saw something about xultimate before, but I'm not convinced its quite as user friendly as I've heard. can someone who is experienced using it please post a step by step for something like changing the clock in the status bar white?

It might be easier than I think but. instructions I've seen on it in the past look pretty complicated. at least complicated enough to deem it more trouble than its worth just to make the bar clock white : /

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
xUltimate - it's similar to DM in that it executes several abd shell commands for you. I post a link with a step by step a few posts up. I found that here yesterday but can't seem to find that thread anymore or I'd send you there..

JGR4444 - what does unzipping them on the computer and then transferring them to the card do differently? honestly, i'm just curious cuz that's what i did and i don't wanna experience a bunch of problems later

does xultimate work with droidmod 1.0? And if it does I will need a little help sorting out how to use the program. I get the jist of it just cant get it to work right...

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
after you install a them using metamorph how would you go about undoing it if for some reason you just prefered the way it looked before you added the theme? does this need to be done with a nandroid back up or am i just over thinking it. kind of just want to know before i attempt it so that i don't have a "WHAT THE FU@K!!!!" moment haha

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I saw something about xultimate before, but I'm not convinced its quite as user friendly as I've heard. can someone who is experienced using it please post a step by step for something like changing the clock in the status bar white?

It might be easier than I think but. instructions I've seen on it in the past look pretty complicated. at least complicated enough to deem it more trouble than its worth just to make the bar clock white : /

Hey I actually figured it out, download xultimate here, it is end of first post. save file to computer. I set up a folder call test and extracted the contents of the file into this folder (i saw somewhere that it needed to have no spaces not sure if that is correct). Have your droid plugged into you computer, then double click Main.exe, will bring a menu and what not. From there I played around a bit and nothing really worked, I looked around some more and did this.

- Option "1" (Pull files to origi_app)
- Option "2" (Pull files to origi_frame)
- option "15" enter
- option "3" enter
- option "4" for clock change enter

Following the prompts that come up are pretty self explanatory. Mine ended up working after completing those steps. I do not know if while playing around before hand I did something else needed by accident. So try that out and get back to me.

Last edited:

white_star_32

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
after you install a them using metamorph how would you go about undoing it if for some reason you just prefered the way it looked before you added the theme? does this need to be done with a nandroid back up or am i just over thinking it. kind of just want to know before i attempt it so that i don't have a "WHAT THE FU@K!!!!" moment haha

apply xStock theme. or use DM to reflash, or restore from a nandroid backup. I wish I could remember where I found the theme (it's in alldroid somewhere), but I'm at work right now so the file is at home...

to use xUltimate use bmderuosi instructions or the link i posted earlier: How to change clock to white and blue (step by step)

Last edited:

white_star_32

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
just to clarify do you know if the bottom part of my post has to be done first?

hmm...so I posted the wrong link...hmm...fixed that now - as far as your question I honestly don't know. I followed instructions at another website (which the link NOW leads to... o_0 ...), but i believe you do. If I remember right, the script pulls data from your phone, changes, and then pushes it back.

I may be wrong and I'm thinking of something totally different, my brain is fried - long day. but I would do those steps 1st anyway

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

If you unzip them on your computer before you put them on the SD card then MM will still see the smokedglass theme but will not be able to extract all of the files.. since they are already extracted. Just move the file/folder to your sd card in the adroid theme folder and your MM will do the rest for you!

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that was a royal pain in the neck getting the smoked glass theme using metamorph, But, I got it.

For those having issues with getting the zip file to install on the SD card -- just download the smokedglass v2.zip directly to your Droid using the droid's browser and then load the theme from the "download" file in Astro when using metaMorph

for anyone looking for the link to the zip file, use this...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ujiynnjmmrt

cut and paste that and email it to yourself then access it on the Droid's browser (unless you're already looking at this page on the mobile site on your phone)

Last edited:

anon(10090)

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Whitestar, you're the man and a half! That's exactly what I needed. Have some rep : )

You might think about putting just that post on the main DROID hacking page.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ok i think im going to try using metamorph tonight and load up smoked glass 2.0 but just a question about making a nandroid back up. I used the videos that cory posted to do it last time and i followed all of the steps but now since i installed everything it said to in the video do i have to do it all again or skip all of that and just reboot it into recovery and do it.

im prob gonna do this either tonight or tomorow, i just have to make a backup just incase. Any recomendations for a theme. I see everybody using smoked glass but i kind of feel it is getting played out because thats all you see on every forum. another quick question, the themes that you see the app drawer with 3 sections (apps, menu and call) are those just themes using the launcher2 apk or do the themes do that?

thanks all

oh and i forgot to ask this. After doing the fix to turn the clock white, if i revert to my last nandroid backup will it restore my clock to black or do i have to do somtihing else?

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
ok i think im going to try using metamorph tonight and load up smoked glass 2.0 but just a question about making a nandroid back up. I used the videos that cory posted to do it last time and i followed all of the steps but now since i installed everything it said to in the video do i have to do it all again or skip all of that and just reboot it into recovery and do it.
Just reboot into recovery and do it

im prob gonna do this either tonight or tomorow, i just have to make a backup just incase. Any recomendations for a theme. I see everybody using smoked glass but i kind of feel it is getting played out because thats all you see on every forum. another quick question, the themes that you see the app drawer with 3 sections (apps, menu and call) are those just themes using the launcher2 apk or do the themes do that?
Those are launcher2. They may look like that for the 2:01 launcher but the buttons don't work
thanks all

oh and i forgot to ask this. After doing the fix to turn the clock white, if i revert to my last nandroid backup will it restore my clock to black or do i have to do somtihing else?

When you make the backup it will restore it exactly as you had it

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok thanks. What about the nandroid backup. Do I go through all of the steps or just the reboot into recovery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress