DROID Turbo 2 Battery life

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This was yesterday for my. I'm sure I could've gotten 6 hours had I decided to bring it below 10%

Attachments

• 1449157107250.jpg
    1449157107250.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 45

bogeyjoker

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I get 48 hours without even trying...I can get about 60 hours if I watch my settings (turning off BT when not using it, etc.). I had a problem for about the first week I owned the device where something was keeping it awake all the time. I was lucky to get 1 full day at that time. Factory reset and reinstalling apps one by one and I'm ok now.

Poor network signal is definitely a drainer as well. This is where I'm particularly disappointed in this device. I'm consistently getting -110+dB 4G reception in areas where I would always get a good to fantastic signal with all of my former devices. Poor reception=battery gluttony.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Weatherlover-

I switched to adaptive brightness and toggled to around 50% brightness and I've noticed a lot better battery life. I'm sure you're aware of it but just a suggestion if you don't have it enabled. Up to 6 hours sot now.

Posted via the Android Central App

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Weatherlover-

I switched to adaptive brightness and toggled to around 50% brightness and I've noticed a lot better battery life. I'm sure you're aware of it but just a suggestion if you don't have it enabled. Up to 6 hours sot now.

I looked and I am using that but still crappy battery.. Down to 31% and only off the charger for 9hrs.. :(

Last edited:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I disagree. It's been shown that 5 hours SOT is very possible, as is more. My G3 struggles to get to 4 hours, and is usually dead by 3.5. I had to charge the G3 at work nearly every day. With the DT2 I go to bed with 30% remaining.

The G3 should get 5 hours.

I figured the Droid Turbo 2 would get 6+ consistently, but going by all the numbers in this thread that does not seem to be the case. It looks like a combination of poor SoC power usage, wakelock/alarm issues, and radio drain.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I figured the Droid Turbo 2 would get 6+ consistently, but going by all the numbers in this thread that does not seem to be the case. It looks like a combination of poor SoC power usage, wakelock/alarm issues, and radio drain.

The G3 should get 5 hours or it does get 5 hours? I'm actually just curious to know if the G3 has the reputation for getting up to 5 hours regularly over a full day. Most phones can get 5 hours if you pull them off the charger at 100% and then run it down over the course of a short day, and then need to charge again in the afternoon. The difference is this phone can get 5 hours and last you 24 hours on a single charge. That's been my experience with it at least. I can clearly see that many other people aren't getting #'s that good. I'm not sure if the battery settling in theory really holds any merit, but my phone has definitely improved over 2 weeks. I wasn't getting that type of battery life right off the bat, but I attributed it more to abnormal use due to tweaks in settings, downloading apps, etc., which tapers off as things become the way you'll eventually leave them.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Not sure I've ever gotten 5 on G3. When I was getting 4 hours routinely, I was using KK. Since 5.0 I might get close to 4 on WiFi all day and very dim screen, but usually it's in the 3 range.

No doubt, the battery on DT2 leaves a little too be desired considering it's size and marketing.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The G3 should get 5 hours or it does get 5 hours? I'm actually just curious to know if the G3 has the reputation for getting up to 5 hours regularly over a full day. Most phones can get 5 hours if you pull them off the charger at 100% and then run it down over the course of a short day, and then need to charge again in the afternoon. The difference is this phone can get 5 hours and last you 24 hours on a single charge. That's been my experience with it at least. I can clearly see that many other people aren't getting #'s that good. I'm not sure if the battery settling in theory really holds any merit, but my phone has definitely improved over 2 weeks. I wasn't getting that type of battery life right off the bat, but I attributed it more to abnormal use due to tweaks in settings, downloading apps, etc., which tapers off as things become the way you'll eventually leave them.

The G3 has some of the best idle numbers I've seen on any phone. You should be able to get 5 hours in a full day. You shouldn't lose more that 1% overnight.

Not sure about idle drain on the DT2...

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

The G3 has some of the best idle numbers I've seen on any phone. You should be able to get 5 hours in a full day. You shouldn't lose more that 1% overnight.

Not sure about idle drain on the DT2...

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Based upon others feedback, my experience seems to be more common than his.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=588826

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Based upon others feedback, my experience seems to be more common than his.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=588826

Thanks for sharing. That was the impression I had from the few people I know who had the device.

To the point about idle drain, the T2 is definitely the best phone I've ever had in that department. I think the question is how it fairs with the screen on and a lot of activity. Here's what I'm getting today, which I'm very happy with. Been on email a lot today and that has always drained my previous phones.

Attachments

• 1449183500694.jpg
    1449183500694.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 47

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I know its only been a few days but my battery life is horrible. I turned off Bluetooth and this afternoon I cleared the cache for apps and when into the recovery mode and cleared them there as well. Hoping that will help otherwise I will try a factory reset. Just can't figure out what is draining it so fast.

Attachments

• 9291.jpg
    9291.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 90

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't mean to post so much just trying to figure out why my phone is getting such bad battery life. Those that are getting good battery results are you using moto assist or any of the features? I turned moto assist on because it was part of the reason I got the phone and they talked about how it uses less processer power or something. So was curous those who are getting good sot what moto features do you have turned on? Thanks!

Last edited:

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean to post so much just trying to figure out why my phone is getting such bad battery life. Those that are getting good battery results are you using moto assit or any of the features? I turned moto assit on because it was part of the reason I got the phone and they talked about how it uses less processer power or something. So was curous those who are getting good sot what moto features do you have turned on? Thanks!
You're certainly not the only one, I just restarted my phone and lost 6%!!! Not going to get even 18 hours out of mine today. Frustrating.

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
My Note 3 always lost quite a bit on restart I hated that! All I know is if I can't get this phone to go more than 12hrs without needing a charge when I am not a heavy user its going back before my 2 weeks are up. I am very disapointed right now.

bogeyjoker

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Look at your awake time in post #52...your phone is awake nearly all the time. It's not as bad as mine was before my factory reset, but still pretty bad. Something (I'm guessing a rogue app) is keeping your phone awake and your battery is suffering. Your network signal is also a bit sketchy for a fair amount of the day.

weatherlover101

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Look at your awake time in post #52...your phone is awake nearly all the time. It's not as bad as mine was before my factory reset, but still pretty bad. Something (I'm guessing a rogue app) is keeping your phone awake and your battery is suffering. Your network signal is also a bit sketchy for a fair amount of the day.
Can't do anything about the signal live in an area with low signal. I cleared my app cache I also reset the cache in recovery mode. I think it helped. Otherwise I will do a factory reset. Ugh..

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain. I'm trying to wait for Marshmallow before factory data reset!
Here is how it looks after clearing the cache and charging it to 100%. I used it for almost a hour to see how the battery did. It does not seem to be dropping as fast. I also have the app doze on it to help with background apps but not sure how well its working. I really did not expect this much trouble. I swear every Motorola phone I have had gives me issues. My note 3 was pretty good to me. O well.

uploadfromtaptalk1449199445975.jpg

Also sorry for the 2nd account there. I was trying out a forum app and apparently it created a new account. Oops!

Last edited: