DROID Turbo 2 Battery life

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I have had as much as seven hours SOT, and the lowest the battery has been when I put it back on the charger at the end of the day is 39% remaining.

frankemtp

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I disabled all unnecessary apps following guidelines in these forums and have been quite pleased with both speed increase and battery life. I have not seen any crippling of the device with disabling the bloat ware .

pawdog

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
How much are you on LTE, and how strong is the signal where you are? Weak data signal equals big battery drain.

Posted via the Android Central App

gotroot801

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its bad but I know you can get it better. Start deleting or disabling bloatware.

Droid Turbo 2 bloatware apps that are safe apps to disable or remove | AndroMods

I've done all of that, cut my brightness down to about 20%, kept the phone on WiFi at home rather than LTE, disabled Google Now and location services, and I still lose anywhere between 8% and 15% per hour even when idle. My LG G3 never had drain that bad.

How much are you on LTE, and how strong is the signal where you are? Weak data signal equals big battery drain.

-115dBm. But I've been off WiFi for about an hour today - I've been at home all day.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I've done all of that, cut my brightness down to about 20%, kept the phone on WiFi at home rather than LTE, disabled Google Now and location services, and I still lose anywhere between 8% and 15% per hour even when idle. My LG G3 never had drain that bad.

-115dBm. But I've been off WiFi for about an hour today - I've been at home all day.
Hate to say it but it may be time for a factory reset my gs6 wouldn't even drain that bad

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I need some guidance please! I have a Samsung S6 but the only thing I love is the camera! I heard the turbo 2 can't compare to the s6 camera but it's decent (better than droid turbo) but I think I'm willing to have more of a battery over a camera. So to the average person, is the camera THAT much different than the s6? I'm leaning heavily to droid 2...I hate charging 2 or 3x a day...even with black wallpaper, energy saver and closing non essential apps!

Posted via the Android Central App
I swapped from the s6 go a turbo 2 and haven't missed the camera one bit. But I don't take a massive amount of pictures

twojosh

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Much better battery than the turbo I had before.

36 hours off charger, could have gone longer. Almost 6 hours screen time, 1.5 hours talk time.

Attachments

• 1452087287594.jpg
    1452087287594.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 1452087299793.jpg
    1452087299793.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 1452087311192.jpg
    1452087311192.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 39

gotroot801

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
To the folks getting 5+ hours of SOT: did you get your phone through Moto Maker or did you buy in-store?

I'm on Day 2 with a replacement Moto Maker model and the battery drain, which was just fine yesterday, is just as bad today as it was on my previous model (see my post from last week). Two friends of mine bought their phones in-store and through light use get about 2 days on their battery.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
To the folks getting 5+ hours of SOT: did you get your phone through Moto Maker or did you buy in-store?

I'm on Day 2 with a replacement Moto Maker model and the battery drain, which was just fine yesterday, is just as bad today as it was on my previous model (see my post from last week). Two friends of mine bought their phones in-store and through light use get about 2 days on their battery.

I bought in store and do get great battery life. Yesterday, I came off charger at 6:30 am and did about 2.75 hours SOT. When I went to bed at midnight, I had around 47% battery

twojosh

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site

In store.

gotroot801

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I rebooted, and since then battery life has been as good as advertised. So either it was a rogue process that GSam didn't pick up or typical new device growing pains. Fingers crossed that this holds up for a while...

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I spent all day away from home, used GPS for a couple of hours, facebook, video recording, with at least 3 hours of screen on time and when I went to bed I had about 30% left. For traveling through mountain roads with GPS, listening to music on Google Play Music, recording wrestling matches and checking facebook and email, I'd say that's pretty good. My G2 would have been begging for a charger WHILE I was using the GPS to get to the wrestling tournament.