Random reboots

catstide

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I've had several random reboots. Most happen (at least as far as I know) when unholstering the phone. I've had a couple of times I've looked at my phone and it was completely turned off. Anyone have anything like this or possibly know the cause?

Posted via the Android Central App

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had several random reboots. Most happen (at least as far as I know) when unholstering the phone. I've had a couple of times I've looked at my phone and it was completely turned off. Anyone have anything like this or possibly know the cause?

I've had three that I'm aware of in the 11 weeks I've had the turbo 2. Quite possible there were others I don't know about.

In each case, the phone bogged down first, or some feature stopped responding. For ex: my phone stopped showing Moto notifications when I waved my had over it, although it seemed to be working otherwise. A few mins later it shut down, and when restarting all was back to normal.

I suspect there's a memory leak somewhere in the system, although I haven't really isolated this properly.

This is actually my main reason for looking forward to Marshmallow. I suspect this is a fairly routine OS fix that's needed, and since VZW doesn't push out much in the way of incremental updates, we'll probably only get the fix with the next big OS update for the phone.

All in all, these hiccups have been few and far between for me. Overall the phone has been incredibly fast and stable. I'd like to eliminate all glitches, but these have been rare for me, so I'm not especially worried.

How often are you seeing this problem?

Any new apps installed that preceded the problem?

Have a you tried clearing phone / app cache?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have not experienced this at all. I have had the phone since it was released opening morning. Not sure what to say.

catstide

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I've only had the phone less than a week. I have noticed it maybe 4times. They don't worry me a lot... Just the "phone is off" is what bothers me most. I think that's happened a couple of times.
As far as the new apps... Like I said less than a week so I guess almost every app I have installed could be the culprit.
How do you clear the app cache?

catstide

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering if it could be an app I have disabled...

Attachments

• 3570.jpg
    3570.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 53

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Those of you who have had reboots is your power button pushed in on one side or slanted? That could be a problem.

Posted via Android Central App

catstide

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Doesn't seem to be Lucy but I did give thought to the power button since it happens when I unholster. To power down you press power button then the soft "power down" button. Is there a way to reboot?

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
By holding down the power button for 15 seconds the phone will shut down and reboot

catstide

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I cleared the app cache earlier and just had another reboot so that's eliminated. Also the last time I felt it vibrate and pulled it out to see it rebooting so any accidental button pushing is not likely.

catstide

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Just had another. It's at least a daily occurrence. Is there a report to show why it rebooted?

catstide

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Thought I'd update this with a possible solution. Might help someone else with this issue.

As I said earlier this would happen mostly when I was taking my phone out of the holster. The holster has 2 pretty strong magnets and I got to wondering if that was having an effect. I took the holster off and held it against the back of my phone and moved it around. Sure enough I got some pretty weird responses. The screen lit up and gave me some unusual home/lock screen views. I never got it to reboot doing this but I went into apps and disabled the Motorola Flip Case app. After doing that The magnet still gave me some of the same weird screen views but of course not the half screen for the flip case. Since doing this about 4 days ago I haven't had a reboot. I'm hoping that solved my issue. I could of course reinstall the app to see if I could get the reboot back but right now I'm just satisfied that it is gone (at least for now).

sava700

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I had the first one I got reset after full charging from 30% and it was super hot and then corrupted apps. I took it back and got a new one. Haven't had a problem with the new one *knock on wood*.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol