6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO 2

wil3

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
For everyone who got the update, give us your thoughts!

It's too early. Besides I did full wipe after installing so now phone works very smoothly. I didn't noticed any bugs for now. Love the SD card as an internal storage, now I have 73GB free space available :)

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Q&A Team
Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
After a couple of hours..... Can't tell much difference.

Boot time seems to be a little longer, too early to say about battery. But after installing the update on battery power, and then installing like 12 Play Store updates.... I'm at 74% after 8hrs on battery power.

I've had to tweak a few permission settings, but all seems to be working.

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Q&A Team
Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Settings > Storage & USB > Select SD Card > Select three dots (settings) > Choose Format as Internal

But I'd read up on it first..... Unless you have a really fast card, not sure how it would affect performance.

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Seeing that this update is out for everyone now I won't have any fear of any soak test repercussions. I had previously deleted some of my posts here. I've had the update for several days now. A lot of changes to app permissions is nice. It's nice to have these features but I doubt I'll use them. Bummer no wifi calling YET. Easier access to volume controls is a major plus for me. As far as battery, I'm not seeing any better numbers at all. Originally I got excited cuz I took my phone off the charger at 630 and at 910 I was still at 100%. Android system has crashed a few times but I didn't notice any issues otherwise. Phone runs very smooth but it did before 6.0. I initially had some wifi connection issues but they resolved themselves. As far as speed throughout, feels about the same. I think it's safe for all to download the update at this point. It's been since Saturday for me and I'm happy with it overall. Also for those using Nova Launcher as I am it works just as good as before.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Seeing that this update is out for everyone now I won't have any fear of any soak test repercussions. I had previously deleted some of my posts here. I've had the update for several days now. A lot of changes to app permissions is nice. It's nice to have these features but I doubt I'll use them. Bummer no wifi calling YET. Easier access to volume controls is a major plus for me. As far as battery, I'm not seeing any better numbers at all. Originally I got excited cuz I took my phone off the charger at 630 and at 910 I was still at 100%. Android system has crashed a few times but I didn't notice any issues otherwise. Phone runs very smooth but it did before 6.0. I initially had some wifi connection issues but they resolved themselves. As far as speed throughout, feels about the same. I think it's safe for all to download the update at this point. It's been since Saturday for me and I'm happy with it overall. Also for those using Nova Launcher as I am it works just as good as before.

Thanks for providing your thoughts. Very disappointing to hear that battery life has not improved. I was hoping a software update would help optimize, but I guess this is not the case. It's too bad because other than battery life, this phone is incredible.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Just finished for me as well might do the adoptive storage but I'll probably buy a bigger jump drive first I just have a 32 GB right now

cohenga#AC

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've just been informed that the first update is available, taking the dive now. If it matters, I'm in North Texas (DFW), for those who are trying to track where the releases are happening...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've just been informed that the first update is available, taking the dive now. If it matters, I'm in North Texas (DFW), for those who are trying to track where the releases are happening...

It doesn't matter.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
It's too early. Besides I did full wipe after installing so now phone works very smoothly. I didn't noticed any bugs for now. Love the SD card as an internal storage, now I have 73GB free space available :)

I had a 128 gb card in mine, class 10, not sure uhs #, phone recognized it as a Lexar, it was a pny, and phone couldn't find it after a couple of hours, wait before copying stuff over to it unless you want to risk losing it. Also, because card was internal, once it couldn't see it phone said I had no room to take pictures, had to forget the card, pull it and reformat on computer, then use as portable storage.

Posted by the Droid Turbo 2 authored by its Human!!!

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Bloat management is better. As far as I can tell, DT ignite is gone.

Before when you disabled bloat, the app data remained. Well now they are gone save about 4kb on some, zero on the rest.

Posted via the Android Central App

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
So far I'm seeing a lot better stand by times. Even when my phone was in my pocket for about 3 hours I only lost 3% even in decently good service area so I'm happy with that so far. Overall look and feel aren't really much different so far which I like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress