New update, new apps?

Melxcollins

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I recently updated my Turbo2 with the most recent update regarding wifi calls & bugs. Unfortunately after the update was complete & I was finally able to go in, I noticed around 4 new apps that I had not installed. 3 were random games I've never seen or played before, the other some media app. I do not remember seeing these being in the update, & could not understand why they even would be. I asked my husband who had just finished his own update & he had gotten the same random apps as well.
I can see the media one being another bloatware app but the games made no sense. But thankfully all were allowed to uninstalled. Was there something I missed in the update?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were the games actually installed, or were they just links that directed you to the Play Store page for the game?

stefor

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Cant vouch for the OPs, but it was a full download of the games.. Does anyone have a link to where you can see what the entire update included?

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, it installed 4 new games and re-enabled DT Ignite. I deleted the 4 games and was disabled DT Ignite once again....

ChuckLIII

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I have a DT2, which I bought via Motorola the day it was released. I have never seen the DT Ignite program, nor does it show up in my list of All, Enabled, or Disabled apps. Also I just checked for system updates, and it shows my phone as up to date, with the last update being on July 1, 2016.

I don't understand why people are saying that DT Ignite is a problem, could someone please explain it to me? Thanks!

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a DT2, which I bought via Motorola the day it was released. I have never seen the DT Ignite program, nor does it show up in my list of All, Enabled, or Disabled apps. Also I just checked for system updates, and it shows my phone as up to date, with the last update being on July 1, 2016.

I don't understand why people are saying that DT Ignite is a problem, could someone please explain it to me? Thanks!

What you need to know about DT Ignite, the hidden bloatware your carrier may have installed | Android Central

From the article:
" It's an application written by Digital Turbine (thus the DT part) that's used to pre-load other applications onto your phone ... DT Ignite re-enabling itself or running after it's been disabled, but the app itself is not new. And yes, it's something you would never install yourself and is bloatware in any and every sense of the word "

It was pre-installed on both of my Turbo2s. No idea why it wouldn't have been on yours.

T

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
DT Ignite is also a way that Verizon can craft a smaller OTA update, without the bloatware, then use DT Ignite to automatically update/download the bloatware apps.

It's one of the reasons why I won't buy a Droid, or any other Android phone, from Verizon. It's only Pixel or unlocked phone from an oem for me.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site

When you are in Settings/Apps, tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Then tap Show system. Then check your apps list. You should see DT Ignite, which you can disable, if you wish.

ChuckLIII

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I just did that, and DT Ignite doesn't show up there either. Could it b because I ordered the phone (64GB model) from Verizon via MotoMaker? It has the Verizon logo and everything.