Questions about purchasing the DROID TURBO from Verizon? Ask here!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Those who want to purchase the Turbo and have questions, Ask me

Not really that bad. Again, Tapatalk is degrading the quality.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Went to the store and played around with the camera. It's miles better than my Maxx HD. I tried but I couldn't make it take a bad picture. Encouraging.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Joe:

thanks for the info from the previous post. I still am trying to get the Moto X off of my account with little to no help from Motorola.

At any rate, I am looking at the accessories for the phone. Would it be safe to assume that in terms of cases and glass screen protectors, Verizon has them all? I do not see any other cases on Amazon or google shopping. When I compare it to the Note accessories, I see much more. The color assortment in terms of cases seem to be mostly black.

mmmpopfanatic

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

I have more of a general account question. I'm upgrading to the Turbo on family plan line where my mom is the account holder. Normally I order online but I'm planning on doing a trade in and it appears to be easier/quicker to do that in store. Does she have to come with me to do the upgrade or is there a way for me to do it myself?

cmarie81585

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry I was not sure where to post this question but I seriously want the droid turbo that came out today. I have a question for Verizon users on how NOT to lose my unlimited data by upgrading...I have a family plan and want to add a line. I know the data is $30 + $10 for the line initially, my question is, if I use this method (which I have before), can I still downgrade to a "dumb" phone and pay only $10 per month for the line? I know back in August they were trying to make it so if you add a line with a smartphone you had to keep the $30 data package regardless if you kept the smartphone on that line or not. I'm not willing to spend $40 per month for an extra line I will rarely use but $10 is doable. Does anyone know for sure if this method still works? I use too much data per month to lose the unlimited; no upgrades on any other line until September 2015, and NOT wanting to spend $700 (or more) on it retail...if this works my 2nd option is just to wait...which sucks. Thanks for help!

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry I was not sure where to post this question but I seriously want the droid turbo that came out today. I have a question for Verizon users on how NOT to lose my unlimited data by upgrading...I have a family plan and want to add a line. I know the data is $30 + $10 for the line initially, my question is, if I use this method (which I have before), can I still downgrade to a "dumb" phone and pay only $10 per month for the line? I know back in August they were trying to make it so if you add a line with a smartphone you had to keep the $30 data package regardless if you kept the smartphone on that line or not. I'm not willing to spend $40 per month for an extra line I will rarely use but $10 is doable. Does anyone know for sure if this method still works? I use too much data per month to lose the unlimited; no upgrades on any other line until September 2015, and NOT wanting to spend $700 (or more) on it retail...if this works my 2nd option is just to wait...which sucks. Thanks for help!

Nah, can't remove the data plan. I had that verified today at the store.

Does the Turbo have the Swype application pre-installed?

Nope.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

This can be done in store depending on the rep.

Hi Joe, I ordered a 64GB Turbo on Verizon's website late last night. My question is you mentioned in another thread that the trade in code gets sent along with the phone when it ships. Does this happen with every phone or did I need to do something when I ordered the phone to get this code.

Secondly, I paid full retail for the phone. Am I still eligible for the trade in discount if I paid full retail price, or is it only for people who go the 2 year contract route? Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions and I appreciate any info you can give me.

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Try transferring it to another line that's on LIMITED data, when you receive the phone put in your current sim card and turn it on, since the line that you transferred to already has a data plan then nothing will change. You must do this online, I wouldn't bother calling them or doing it in store, they'll hassle you. This and the BestBuy method is the only two loopholes left to keep unlimited data, otherwise paying full price and even with that method are meet with resistance at the store.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
One thing about the screen replacement by Verizon if the Turbo screen gets damaged. I asked about this when I got my Turbo yesterday, and the service is not being done by Verizon, it's being done through Verizon, but the replacement is done by Motorola. So you have to mail the phone to Motorola for them to replace the screen. You could go a few weeks without your phone. If that worries you, I would suggest a good case and a screen protector.

Zeppelin2k

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
One more question. In the phonearena review I noticed they were less than thrilled with the audio output, especially with headphones: "quality is mostly subdued and muted." I'm going to use this as my main music player.. is the audio quality really that bad, or are they just saying it doesn't crank up too loud? (which I can live with).

Also, it seems there's no battery saving mode, correct? Does 5.0 come with a power save mode?

njf529

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
my experience with picking up my droid yesterday, ymmv:

- took about 45 minutes because the store was busy.
- i was on verizon but my 2-year contract was over.
- they said the screen replacement was 2 years. i had been told it was 1 year.
- they accepted my sprint htc evo 4g as trade in. funny thing, they said since it wasn't my current phone on verizon, they had to put my sprint phone on verizon and then they could give me the credit?!? not sure what all that meant.
- they said i could buy the droid turbo for $199 ($99 with my trade-in) or i could join edge. HOWEVER, they had a promo that you could go the edge route without changing your bill at all, if you paid $100. so, since i had a trade-in, i went the edge route and only paid $8.75 (or whatever) in tax. wondering if this was a good move. anyone know?
- got a free bluetooth speaker because...well, because they were giving them out for free.

if people have questions about the phone or my experience getting it, fire away.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm buying the phone at full retail... Does any of the promo available for the phone apply? Like the free screen replacement, $100. trade in gift card? Thanks

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm buying the phone at full retail... Does any of the promo available for the phone apply? Like the free screen replacement, $100. trade in gift card? Thanks
Free screen replacement applies whether you're under contract or not. The guarantee is from the date of purchase til 2 years later.

As for the $100, its only with a new 2 year agreement or Edge.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

Free screen replacement applies whether you're under contract or not. The guarantee is from the date of purchase til 2 years later.

Thanks for your response! ... I went to get it tonight but there was too many others waiting to be help and I need it to get home for Trick or Treat! Hopefully they don't run out of the 64g by tomorrow afternoon...!

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I decided to dig deeper on that, and was told by a customer service supervisor that while it says that on the press release, apparently any purchase of the Turbo is eligible for the rebate. They said the reason it isn't listed is because most people dont buy full retail. I guess we'll see. I didn't get the materials to send in the trade in phone, so they're sending them to me. I'll give it a go and see what happens. I'm trading in my brother's Droid Incredible so there's no loss if it gets lost. Set him up with a Droid Mini. Almost the same size as the Incredible, but bigger screen, better radios, and all the Moto apps. Oh, and LTE as well.