Droid Turbo Home Screen Question

droidturbony

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Nope, no joke. That's part of 4.4.4

This might be the first time I ever say android sucks. Such a stupid design and hopefully they fixed that among other things. Maybe that's why other manufacturers customize android like Samsung. I thought I hated the Samsung interface but so far I've seen a bunch of things Samsung did that made sense and stock android is missing. Still love this phone over the gs3 but this is absolutely retarded that you can't delete a homepage. You can add one.. They couldn't include a remove button like they have apps. I'm really just kinda pissed at the stupidity

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This might be the first time I ever say android sucks. Such a stupid design and hopefully they fixed that among other things. Maybe that's why other manufacturers customize android like Samsung. I thought I hated the Samsung interface but so far I've seen a bunch of things Samsung did that made sense and stock android is missing. Still love this phone over the gs3 but this is absolutely retarded that you can't delete a homepage. You can add one.. They couldn't include a remove button like they have apps. I'm really just kinda pissed at the stupidity

Yeah, it sounds like you are.

droidturbony

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I told him that after I made my first response but not sure (s)he saw it.

All things are deleted except for the google now icon on top which can't be deleted. So to create a page is very easy and yet to delete a page I need to jump through hoops and go into settings and disable things just to delete a page. I stand by my statements before.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
All things are deleted except for the google now icon on top which can't be deleted. So to create a page is very easy and yet to delete a page I need to jump through hoops and go into settings and disable things just to delete a page. I stand by my statements before.

In theory you should not be where you are. Turbo process to add and remove screen panel process was to work auto magically.

Drag an icon to the right off an existing pane. A new panel is created for you. Move last icon back to the original panel or remove it. The panel disappears. That is the way it seemed to work on the one I set up. Obviously it is not working that way for you.

Edit: Sorry I realize theory doesn't help. Just increases your pain level.

TreesHaveNoFear

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

Not sure if I missed anything but have you tried adding a widget then deleting it? This is a recommended work around. Add a clock widget or something to the blank page then delete the widget. This should, in theory, cause the phone to recognise that the page is empty and delete the now empty page. There is no need for third party software as the process is automatic. It sometimes just needs a little help!

Let us know if this works for you

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if I missed anything but have you tried adding a widget then deleting it? This is a recommended work around. Add a clock widget or something to the blank page then delete the widget. This should, in theory, cause the phone to recognise that the page is empty and delete the now empty page. There is no need for third party software as the process is automatic. It sometimes just needs a little help!

Let us know if this works for you

Yes, this works 100% of the time. I had 3 screens, and once I deleted everything from my 3rd screen, it disappeared. If you gave have a screen with nothing on it, then just add something and delete it. It will kill the extra screen immediately.

slowmyke

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
New to the forums, so forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I just got the turbo voice 1.0 (or whatever it's called) update and there is now a settings option on the multi screen view that allows you to turn off the Google now search at the top of each page.

Edit: yup just saw the thread about the update, so this is redundant.

Last edited:

Tealdf

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
you mean that you cant make the home screen in the middle of the screens ??? so you have a few to the left and a few to the right ?

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I apologize for coming late to the game, but I just got my Turbo last night, and after several searches I've been unable to find the answer to what the colorful top arc over the temperature indicates at the top of the command center widget is. Can anyone answer that?

The top arc is for the weather. There is a chart of the temperature range and their corresponding colors on this page.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You can remove the search bar.. It's really slick. It only comes on in the multitasking view.

Hold down on the home screen like ur adding a widget.. Go to settings instead.

Posted via the Android Central App