Droid Turbo: Battery Life

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. This with your Automateit app turning off Mobile Data when screen is off right?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Fire, I decided to charge after 38 hrs and 14% remaining. I would say it was moderate use for me during that time. Amazon video, GPS, radio, email, and general internet use. I also reset up a lot of accounts after downloading apps through the play store. I will not complain about the battery with these numbers. I would expect it to actually get better. Once again my setting are not for everyone, so take it with a grain of sand. However the screens continue to get bigger and brighter and I also expect more from a device than I did 5 years ago.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Fire, I decided to charge after 38 hrs and 14% remaining. I would say it was moderate use for me during that time. Amazon video, GPS, radio, email, and general internet use. I also reset up a lot of accounts after downloading apps through the play store. I will not complain about the battery with these numbers. I would expect it to actually get better. Once again my setting are not for everyone, so take it with a grain of sand. However the screens continue to get bigger and brighter and I also expect more from a device than I did 5 years ago.

Amazing! How much screen on time did you get?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I was actually just thinking that my Turbo gets better idle battery life than my Maxx. Screen on battery life seems to be similar.

Last edited:

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So no one is getting the 48 hours use time between charges? Had Moto gone with a 1080p screen, then 48 hours would have been achievable.

legendarydog

Android Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
The actual battery life seems to be 50% of what they claim for both the X (12 hours vs. 24 hours) and the Turbo (24 hours vs. 48 hours). 24 hours is just what I needed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
So no one is getting the 48 hours use time between charges? Had Moto gone with a 1080p screen, then 48 hours would have been achievable.

I think you misunderstood me, if the screen is on it only drains about 12% per hour. With 2-3hours of total screen on time I can get 2 days off battery. Also see mobrules post above.

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I was just typing in general. So far no one has posted a screenshot of 48 hours between charges as Moto advertised. I have seen 1 day and 14 hours with 14% left. That might not get you to two days.

This obsession with QHD is simply putting a drain on battery life. 1080p would have been plenty. But I do understand the spec race that these companies get caught in.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I think you misunderstood me, if the screen is on it only drains about 12% per hour. With 2-3hours of total screen on time I can get 2 days off battery. Also see mobrules post above.

Just calculated mine and I'm getting about 13.5% drain per hour while the screen is on. Which is pretty damn good.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was just typing in general. So far no one has posted a screenshot of 48 hours between charges as Moto advertised. I have seen 1 day and 14 hours with 14% left. That might not get you to two days.

This obsession with QHD is simply putting a drain on battery life. 1080p would have been plenty. But I do understand the spec race that these companies get caught in.
We are heavy users... That's why.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My first day battery result... Not impressed yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1633.jpg
    1633.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 1634.jpg
    1634.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 1635.jpg
    1635.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 204

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, if we're posting here we're definitely heavy users. Lots if i'nnernet, apps, genreral playing with it since its's new.

As a side note, I use a G3 at work. It literally goes for 3 days. Probably use it for less than 10 minutes a day talking, receive about 15 texts per day, no internet. Idle time draw is insanely low.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
@jfoofoo Something was keeping your phone awake for hours while your screen was off. Compare the screen and awake reports.

ancientdroid

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I really don't understand why peoples expectations are so distorted on the battery life. 48 hours was clearly for the strict purposes of marketing. They did the same for last years Droid Maxx. Under absolute ideal conditions you can reach that but most people will not be under ideal conditions or usage. I can get 20 hours with 7-8 hours of on-screen time which is amazing. I need a buffer to last me the entire day with heavy use which this phone clearly does. If you are expecting 48 hours with heavy use under 4G, that is just not going to happen in any modern smartphone yet.

This phone is quite the battery performer especially considering the specs. It meets or exceeds last years Droid Maxx (which only had 720p resolution) which is exactly what I would want and expected. Highly recommended.

As a side note, here is the excerpt from Motorola on the battery life:

All battery life claims are approximate and based on an average user profile that includes both usage and standby. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on signal strength, network configuration, features selected, and voice, data, operating temperature and other application usage patterns.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My screen shots from the GSam Battery monitor app show my progress since last full chat. Keep in mind that my Google Music app has also downloaded over 6 GB of mp3 files to my internal storage in the background most of this time. Not bad. Soon I will test the charging time with the Turbo charger when I get down to 10% battery.

My 4g signal strength is -89 dBm

8a699e814110e6fa7e6228396a66bafc.jpg

b80b87092b783fe2af01c7c9bac49418.jpg