Droid Turbo: Battery Life

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
This seems to good to be true. Some Skype, browsing, radio streaming (no too much of any of these but there was some). Also had Command center disabled though I'm not necessarily saying that's what gave me these good results.

Had to power cycle my phone so the Gsam for this same time period is unavailable

I re-enabled CC but won't have a good feel because tomorrow I'll be using a lot more browsing and radio streaming so I'll have it plugged in more.

Last edited:

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm still working on killing the battery from its first full charge. Currently 1 day 7hr 25m and @ 40% remaining. Ran a bunch of benchmark diagnostics today and have been streaming Amazon music through it most of the day. One thing I have yet to do is take the VZW/Android update, figuring I'd beat it up prior, then take the update and compare.

How many hours of screen time from that full charge?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Also had Command center disabled though I'm not necessarily saying that's what gave me these good results. .

I also disabled Command Center when it started misbehaving.

I did the same on my previous Droid bc the Circles Widget was causing lots of problems on KitKat.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Tomorrow will be the big battery test for me, since it's my first day back at work since purchasing it. It will provide hot spot tethering to my laptop all day in addition to its other normal activities.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My first day battery result... Not impressed yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Day 2, not really better. Let's see how it does tomorrow for an office day with bad reception.

Attachments

• 1651.jpg
    1651.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 1652.jpg
    1652.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 130

nconfer13

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't know guys, I feel like I should be getting more out if this phone. When I full charge it, trickle charge for about 15-30 minutes, and unplug it, it says 100%, but, after about 2 minutes of usage (browsing, checking socials, moderate texting) it drops instant to 99%.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know guys, I feel like I should be getting more out if this phone. When I full charge it, trickle charge for about 15-30 minutes, and unplug it, it says 100%, but, after about 2 minutes of usage (browsing, checking socials, moderate texting) it drops instant to 99%.

same, with in the first 2 minutes of just checking my overnight work email, I would drop to 99 or 98%

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Any suggestions on this battery life? First full day with the new Turbo. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 1223.jpg
    1223.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 118

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
My phone shutdown today after 17 hours off the charger, 10.5 of which I was awake, so basically I killed my phone in about 11 hours. my screen time ended with 4 hours 53 minutes. I never once killed my Maxx to the point of shutting down in a whole year and a half basically.

I wouldn't say my usage today was completely typical, but on gut feel, it tells me my Maxx would have faired significantly better. On most weekends, without my work email buzzing on auto push all day, I was able to get closer to 6 hours on my Maxx, or at least stay on pace for 6 hours and go to bed at like 1am/2am with 25%-35% remaining.

It seems like I lose about 4% idle drain per hour on my Turbo, and the Maxx would lose only 2%-3%. The battery life is still a lot better than average, but I am starting to worry that it's not as good as my last phone, which is definitely a a step backward if that's the case. Tomorrow will be my first typical work day, so we'll see how things continue to evolve.

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
My phone shutdown today after 17 hours off the charger, 10.5 of which I was awake, so basically I killed my phone in about 11 hours. my screen time ended with 4 hours 53 minutes. I never once killed my Maxx to the point of shutting down in a whole year and a half basically.

I wouldn't say my usage today was completely typical, but on gut feel, it tells me my Maxx would have faired significantly better. On most weekends, without my work email buzzing on auto push all day, I was able to get closer to 6 hours on my Maxx, or at least stay on pace for 6 hours and go to bed at like 1am/2am with 25%-35% remaining.

It seems like I lose about 4% idle drain per hour on my Turbo, and the Maxx would lose only 2%-3%. The battery life is still a lot better than average, but I am starting to worry that it's not as good as my last phone, which is definitely a a step backward if that's the case. Tomorrow will be my first typical work day, so we'll see how things continue to evolve.

first. the maxx hasn't been out for a year and a half.

something is definitely afoul

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Still trying to kill it

==

Edited to add that I still haven't taken the software update so the phone is operating as received.

Attachments

• 235.jpg
    235.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 111

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Only 17 hours? That sounds horrible bro. I hope you find a way to save that 1%. How dare the Turbo not last twice as long as any other device.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Only 17 hours? That sounds horrible bro. I hope you find a way to save that 1%. How dare the Turbo not last twice as long as any other device.

I'm only pointing out that I've become accustomed to better. I would have questioned this upgrade if I knew that the battery life on this phone was not as good as the Maxx. It's still too early to know for sure, but my initial impression has me a little concerned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty