I don't think the screen looks very good BUT I still have the original plastic on it.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: screen quality

OP - you simply make no sense.

As stated earlier I meant that it didn't look that much different than a 1080 screen. And I didn't know if the plastic was completely clear or if it affected the screen quality at all. Of it didn't affect it I won't pull it off. Sensible question just poorly worded

Posted via the Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

The plastic that ships with the phone is made to be discarded and WILL affect the appearance of your screen! Get a real screen protector ASAP if you wish to protect it!

I recommend Power Support crystal clear if they make one for the Turbo.

Sent from my Moto X

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

I'm serious... I'm afraid to scratch the screen BUT I don't want to show this phone off to others without showing it's full potential. So this plastic affects it that much? Also does anyone know where I can find a4k video demo to put on this phone? Lg and Samsung has demos on theirs. I'd like something to really wow everyone

How about recording something in 4K and show that

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

As stated earlier I meant that it didn't look that much different than a 1080 screen. And I didn't know if the plastic was completely clear or if it affected the screen quality at all. Of it didn't affect it I won't pull it off. Sensible question just poorly worded

But the fact that you want to show off your fancy screen to people, yet won't take off the plastic so you can actually see the fancy screen is rather incongruous no?

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I don't think the screen looks very good BUT I still have the original plastic on it. Does it look that much better without it?

Edit I meant I couldn't tell a different between this an 1080 screen.
I agree with the comparison to 1080p. My girlfriend's galaxy s5 has 1080p and it looks almost identical to the Droid Turbo screen. I emailed her a few high quality pics, we looked at the exact pics side by side on our phones. Although they are not exactly the same, there was not a clear winner. The GS5 actually looked slightly sharper, while the Turbo had slightly better color saturation. (we set both brightness levels at 50%). I don't see the advantage of a 2K resolution over 1080p on a 5 inch screen.

I have an ultra high definition TV, and at 55 inches, I DO see a difference. But not on a phone.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

I honestly barely see the difference between the 720p display on my Maxx and the QHD display on the Turbo. Certainly not enough to really warrant the QHD. 1080 would have been PLENTY and just imagine the battery life.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

I honestly barely see the difference between the 720p display on my Maxx and the QHD display on the Turbo. Certainly not enough to really warrant the QHD. 1080 would have been PLENTY and just imagine the battery life.

FWIW I spent some time with the Turbo and my x'14 side-by-side at VZW today and the differences were noticeable IMO. Sharper/crisper and the Turbo whites were whiter. Obviously the latter is not a function pixel display, but still I wasn't expecting to see much difference. Screen real estate difference was very pronounced, making the X seem like a smaller, older phone even though they were almost identical heights (the X with a Hula bumper).

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Its kinda sad now that i only check this thread to see what you all have smarted off!!!!

"Guy brings his new chainsaw back to the store and says, you said i could cut six rics of wood a day with this thing and ive busted my **** and can only cut three.. Salesman says well lets check it.. So he starts it up and the owner says WHAT THE HECK IS ALL THAT NOISE??" lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87